Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting charged into nightclubs

Options
  • 18-04-2017 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I had an app called vipsy which allows u in free to nightclubs last night went to a busy nightclub in Dublin and after them posting on there Facebook all day about using the app I got a ticket off it to allow me free entry before 11 , it was 10 past 10 and I was told that there not accepting vipsys now ,after clearly states free entry would this not be false advertisement it's not just the point they took 10 quid off me it's the point hundreds were there expecting free entry until they were Stopped and told to take out 10 euro like is there anything I can do to get our money back between us it's a good 60 quid so it is a lot of money so is there anyway off fighting with them to get it back I have rang them and they have given me an email address for a manager that Dosent even work ðŸ˜

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Xterminator

OP - you and the other people could have just not paid.

you were not extorted or forced. now when you agreed to the terms and conditions, im sure you noted the below paragraph, among other T&C's.

You expressly understand and agree that Starlight Networks shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Starlight Networks has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) or any other matter relating to the service.

i'd reccomend you delete the app. However if that doesnt work for you you could email support@vipsy.co and see what they have to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Well you could call again and ask to speak to the manager directly but the best way to show your unhappiness would have been to not pay in the first place and walk away.
    There is probably something in the t&cs that says they can refuse vouchers at any point.

Advertisement