Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyoness Ireland, cashback card

Options
  • 18-04-2017 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Has anyone heard of lyoness in Ireland?

I've been approached by a couple of people I know who seem to be acting as sales reps looking for me to sign up.

It offers me some cashback with retailers and shopping points which can be used to get free stuff apparently.

You have to buy vouchers to use and savings get accumulated in your online account which you then have to give your bank details to withdraw I think.

It all seems a bit complicated and the lads"selling" it to me seemed a bit brainwashed to be honest.
    Also wiki shows it has a lot of problems in other countries with regards being classified as a pyramid scheme.

I don't know, I'm on the fence, they seem to have a lot of respected retailers and sponsor the Austrian golf open.

Can anyone give any info or insight??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

All I'll say is Google them to see stories of scams and pyramid selling.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It is extremely close to a pyramid scheme and near impossible to make the cost of the card back.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

L1011 wrote:
    It is extremely close to a pyramid scheme and near impossible to make the cost of the card back.

The card is free though

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

If you have to buy vouchers to use it, I'd be immediately highly skeptical.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭eurokev

dudara wrote:
    If you have to buy vouchers to use it, I'd be immediately highly skeptical.

Apparently that's just in the meantime until tills in Tesco Argos Halfords etc are set up.

You can shop and save online by going to websites such as mandm, Nike, JD etc via their website.

I'm extremely skeptical too, but can't pin it down

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

You have to "recruit" friends to get any cash back. That means YOU will be the lad selling stuff some day.

Avoid, Avoid, Avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 40,260 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eurokev wrote: »
    Apparently that's just in the meantime until tills in Tesco Argos Halfords etc are set up.

You can shop and save online by going to websites such as mandm, Nike, JD etc via their website.

funnily enough i heard the same line the last time Lyoness was mentioned. that was a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 cristali

eurokev wrote: »

Tesco was on it a few years ago but got out. It's not worth it, pyramide scheme ...know a few people that we're in it but got out in time coz there's no real profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

When I see this type of scheme, it makes my blood boil. Even if they have the best intentions and are straight and honourable business people, the fact is that they are adding no value to the deal, they are simply inserting themselves into the middle of a retail transaction and skimming money off it for no value to the consumer.

You have to pay money or in this case recruit new mugs agents to participate and inevitably all of these schemes end in tears.

Advertisement