Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prescription shooting glasses

Options
  • 17-04-2017 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭

Hi guys . Does anyone know where i could get prescription shooting glasses for clay shooting .
    Preferably in the mid west region . Clare/Limerick/Galway

Cant find anything online and would prefer them to contact lenses

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Wadi14

Spec Savers do prescription safety glasses, if there any good to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Wadi14 wrote: »
    Spec Savers do prescription safety glasses, if there any good to you.

no i know the ones i have a pair for work. but the ones id be looking for would be more like these . not necessarily that brand just the size / style and colour that dulls backround and brightens up the clay

68538f4f3ba18267246793591.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Have you looked into Rx inserts ,
    I know a good few lads who play airsoft would use Rx inserts with shooting glasses from ess or similar glasses

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭J.R.

I wear glasses myself - I know SpecSavers & Vision Express will do prescription sunglasses but don't think they do shooting lenses.

If you got your prescription details from whoever supplied your prescription glasses / contact lens then you could order on-line yourself

https://www.sportseyewear.co.uk/speciality/shooting/re-ranger-falcon-pro-547389094.html

https://www.sportseyewear.co.uk/speciality/shooting/top-gun.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭J.R.

Gatling wrote: »
    Have you looked into Rx inserts ,
    I know a good few lads who play airsoft would use Rx inserts with shooting glasses from ess or similar glasses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

They do prescription lenses for face masks used in scuba diving for a very long time so I assume that tinted shooting glasses are been accommodated.

Have you tried tinted lenses / glasses that fit over prescription eye wear?

Have you tried tinted lenses / glasses that fit over prescription eye wear?

problem is when i hold the shotgun i end up looking out over most normal glasses . your head isnt straight it is tilted down and your eyes looking up . hard to explain but i would end up looking out over my glasses instead of through them heres a pic of someone holding a gun so you can see what i mean about looking up http://www.outdoorlife.com/sites/outdoorlife.com/files/styles/large_1x_/public/import/2016/dingler.png?itok=w_9cywlD

. i have a pair of non prescription shooting glasses that i use with contact lenses these ones https://www.sunglassesforsport.com/shop/item/matrix-purple/ and they are great because the glass goes up a good bit and they have no rim on the top of the glass so it doesnt get in the way .

if i could get them with a prescription lense it would be perfect . or something like them

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

Have a look at Revision Military Eyewear. I have the stingerhawk glasses with a clear and tinted lenses ( there are other colours available).

The lenses are so clear you'll forget you're wearing them. They're ballistic so they'll stop a shotgun blast from five meters (I haven't tested this claim myself).

There are Rx inserts that attach to the inside of the glasses and you can yet your optician to put the correct glass into them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Leup0ld

Try DECOT HY-WYD in the USA. You send your prescription and the glasses arrive in a week or so. I cannot post url's but you can google the name. I have a pair from them which are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

It may seem like a stupid question, but do you need glasses to actually shoot clays. The reason I ask is that I've encountered people who wear glasses for day to day needs and struggled to get comfortable with clay shooting. We discovered that some can actually see the clay because their far distance sight is good and the removal of the glasses caused less bother. On the other hand we where amazed the amount of people who required glasses for driving but thought they won't need them for clays.

I'm suffering from 'old man's' eye sight where my near vision is deteriorating but my far vision is still good so I'll need the glasses to fill in the score card but not to see the clays as they sail perfectly intact away from me down the range.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭MarcinG

I wouldn't go for 2 lens combo. Too easy to fog up. Im finding proper style and fitting prescription safety glasses or c.lenses plus my revision shooting glasses on top. At least i can lift them when foggy and still be able to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

Oakley will make a pair for you, but you will need your prescription. They are expensive though and the prescription section is in the centre of the curved glass, therefore when looking out at an angle like when you have your head on the stock you may end up looking through the top edge of the prescription . I now use only the standard lens, I'll take a picture of the lens later and post it 🀗

It may seem like a stupid question, but do you need glasses to actually shoot clays. The reason I ask is that I've encountered people who wear glasses for day to day needs and struggled to get comfortable with clay shooting. We discovered that some can actually see the clay because their far distance sight is good and the removal of the glasses caused less bother. On the other hand we where amazed the amount of people who required glasses for driving but thought they won't need them for clays.

I'm suffering from 'old man's' eye sight where my near vision is deteriorating but my far vision is still good so I'll need the glasses to fill in the score card but not to see the clays as they sail perfectly intact away from me down the range.

Yup definately need them . Couldnt even see a clay without them . My up close vision is perfect . But beyond 10 feet . Blind as a bat .

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Baker.22

Oakley glasses and prescription glass

Advertisement