Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac Level 5 in Early Years & Childcare

Options
  • 17-04-2017 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello,
    I have a master's degree in law and am currently working in a law firm, but I want a change, I want to do something that I like, something that will make me happy, something that makes me feel alive. I like children and working with them always interested me. Also I will be moving to Dublin soon. Since I am not familiar with the qualification levels in Ireland, I made some researches and if I am understanding correctly, the Fetac Level 5 is the minimum required to be able to work with children.
    - Can you please advise me on the best courses/training available and the institutions in Dublin (i.e. I read that Portobello Institute was not the best) ;
    - Is the Fetac Level 5 sufficient to start working or is it better/recommended to do more? In that case, to which Level? and which qualification is the most desired?
    Thank you very much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Zineb wrote: »
    Hello,
    I have a master's degree in law and am currently working in a law firm, but I want a change, I want to do something that I like, something that will make me happy, something that makes me feel alive. I like children and working with them always interested me. Also I will be moving to Dublin soon. Since I am not familiar with the qualification levels in Ireland, I made some researches and if I am understanding correctly, the Fetac Level 5 is the minimum required to be able to work with children.
    - Can you please advise me on the best courses/training available and the institutions in Dublin (i.e. I read that Portobello Institute was not the best) ;
    - Is the Fetac Level 5 sufficient to start working or is it better/recommended to do more? In that case, to which Level? and which qualification is the most desired?
    Thank you very much.

If you want to start with a plc college in Dublin, look through this site called qualifax where you can flick through what colleges offer childcare -
    http://www.qualifax.ie/index.php?option=com_wrapper&view=wrapper&Itemid=194
    In my opinin, start doing a plc first before going to college so that you know what you like before you take that step!

Advertisement