Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Birth Mother trying to trace adopted daughter

Options
  • 17-04-2017 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi
    I am a birth mother trying to trace my daughter who was born 24 November 1982 in the Coombe Hospital. I named her Amanda and cannot remember what agency was used. I think the adoption may have went through around April 1983, not too sure on this but for some reason that month keeps popping up in my head.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭kathy finn

Hi,
    Write to the AAI asking for your Adoption Order date, Then take a trip to GRO research room in Dublin. Get her orignal Birthcert and with date of birth go through the adoption books looking for female born that date of birth. When you find an entry write down name VOL Page and Number.
    Order adoption certs from GRO adoption dept in Roscommon the right one will match your adoption order date.
    Good Luck and any questions just ask

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Claire9592

I just read your post and I wanted to offer support for beginning the tracing journey. I am the granddaughter of a woman who placed my father for adoption, and I feel nothing but sympathy for the shame that was placed on single mothers in Ireland. I wish you good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Rosell

Sanpi1312 hope you are getting somewhere with your search. I've just started looking for my son. Know how your feeling. Stay strong

Advertisement