Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reset Laptop but Internet won't connect now! :( Please help! :/

Options
  • 16-04-2017 6:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭

So I had to reset Laptop and it went successfully as far as I can tell. But now I can't connect to the Internet! :(:( It just Identifying... No Internet access. Troubleshoot problems says Windows tested my Internet connection and verified that I am able to access some websites. But I'm not! :/ Please helllppp!! :(:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭tiny timy

So I had to reset Laptop and it went successfully as far as I can tell. But now I can't connect to the Internet! :(:( It just Identifying... No Internet access. Troubleshoot problems says Windows tested my Internet connection and verified that I am able to access some websites. But I'm not! :/ Please helllppp!! :(:(

Wifi? You need to install drivers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

WiFi yeah. It's in stupid Flight Mode now and I can't change it back.... :( How would I install Drivers when I can't connect to Internet, through another Computer and USB or something you mean is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,976 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Did you try turning your router on and off again as well?

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Well 2 Routers won't connect. :(:( One I tried yesterday won't and another one I'm at this evening won't now either. I can't get into Router-box to turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Download driver booster on another computer and use it on your laptop and it should update your drivers and hopefully you should be good to go.

• Advertisement

How can I save it to my USB?! It's saving it to some http download now link, where do I find that?

Balls. :(:( It says The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. I can click retry but it probably won't do anything. I wonder did I grab the file correctly off the other Computer... It sent it to some http download now link but I've no idea where that is so I just restarted the download and right-clicked and saved it to my USB. I can't remember what it saved as I think it was just Save as a link but it did save as .exe I think so that seemed right I think?

Oh c'mon techie peeps! Rack yere brains! Life without Internet is not doable! :/

Balls. :(:( It says The volume for a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. I can click retry but it probably won't do anything. I wonder did I grab the file correctly off the other Computer... It sent it to some http download now link but I've no idea where that is so I just restarted the download and right-clicked and saved it to my USB. I can't remember what it saved as I think it was just Save as a link but it did save as .exe I think so that seemed right I think?

Oh c'mon techie peeps! Rack yere brains! Life without Internet is not doable! :/

Right click on the exe file once it's fully downloaded(do this from download folder on computer)then copy and paste it to USB. Put USB into new laptop
    Open USB double click on exe file and it will start install of the program

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Do you have an ethernet cable to just connect directly to the router? You can download any necessary drivers that way.

mordeith wrote: »
    Do you have an ethernet cable to just connect directly to the router? You can download any necessary drivers that way.

Not if the Ethernet driver isn't installed already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Not if the Ethernet driver isn't installed already

If it was just a factory reset then they should be I would think

Advertisement