Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung remote control.

Options
  • 16-04-2017 11:32am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭

Hello

I have a non smart Samsung TV, about 4 years old. Kids broke the original remote, but I happen to have another remote control from another Samsung tv (from a couple of years earlier) Picture attached.

I can use this other remote on the tv to change the source, volume, channels, access menu i.e. It essentially does everything.......BUT it won't turn the TV on or off.

Any ideas on why this is ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,394 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The older remote probably overlapped a frequency used by some other manufacturer's devices (e.g. Sony DVD players) so Samsung change the On/Off frequency to stop this. There's nothing you can do about it other than buy a learning remote or takes your chances with one of the cheaper 'universal' remotes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

coylemj wrote: »
    The older remote probably overlapped a frequency used by some other manufacturer's devices (e.g. Sony DVD players) so Samsung change the On/Off frequency to stop this. There's nothing you can do about it other than buy a learning remote or takes your chances with one of the cheaper 'universal' remotes.

mmm, thank you.

annoying the way you cant program it.

Advertisement