Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running distance question.

Options
  • 16-04-2017 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭

Today is the first day I recorded myself.

I done 8.84 km in 46mins can anyone tell me is this a good time? It was in a wooded trail some inclines and declines. Would like to get to 10km without stopping and as quick as possible.
    I'm not training for anything just like to run to keep the mind and body right. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

All times are relative, everyone's best is their own.
    Any time spent up on your hind legs is good, but yes; you would be close to a 45 min 10k which is respectable in anyone's language.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

I done 8.84 km in 46mins can anyone tell me is this a good time? It was in a wooded trail some inclines and declines. Would like to get to 10km without stopping and as quick as possible.
    I'm not training for anything just like to run to keep the mind and body right. Thanks.

8.84 km in 46 minutes is 52 minutes for 10k if you can keep the pace for another 1.16k.

Is that a good time? If you're only just starting out then that's quite impressive, yes. If you've been training for years, less so.

There are plenty of other factors as well: Male or female? 12 years old , 35 or 72? Asthmatic? ...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

8.84 km in 46 minutes is 52 minutes for 10k if you can keep the pace for another 1.16k.

Is that a good time? If you're only just starting out then that's quite impressive, yes. If you've been training for years, less so.

There are plenty of other factors as well: Male or female? 12 years old , 35 or 72? Asthmatic? ...
    Put them on flat tarmac and with people to chase and they should go easily faster than the 52 minutes for 10km.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

Will try the road the next time and see does my time change.
    I started about 6 months ago. When started I could only manage 4-5 km then moved on to 6 km.

I took to the gym for a while and using the threadmill for long distances on an incline really helps when you go back outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Icelandicseige

robinph wrote: »
    Put them on flat tarmac and with people to chase and they should go easily faster than the 52 minutes for 10km.

Done 10km today in 48 minutes 40 seconds on the threadmill well proud of myself ha. First time I have attempted to hit the 10km Mark.

• Advertisement
Advertisement