Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird thing found in M&M - what the hell is it?

Options
  • 15-04-2017 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

OH was eating some M&Ms a little while ago and bit down on something really hard. Just wondering if anyone has any idea what it might be. I know an adult rat's upper teeth are orange but this is very orange. Having said that, it is as hard as a tooth.

pmycF2xgj
    pn3IpttGj
    pns4kZ4Mj
    pn3nz6Bjj

Comments

Dunno, man. I blame the Brits though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,370 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Perhaps it might be worth contacting the Food Safety Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,081 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Pretty sure its AIDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Congealed sugar, lick it and see

Drop it into your nearest Heath Inspectors office, with the packet it came in and tell them about it and they'll investigate. If it's something disgusting, they'll be able to take action against the manufacturer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

retalivity wrote: »
    Pretty sure its AIDS.

Ah like the chicken pox, it's good to get it out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

Did you eat the rest of the packet ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,395 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Candie wrote: »
    Drop it into your nearest Heath Inspectors office, with the packet it came in and tell them about it and they'll investigate. If it's something disgusting, they'll be able to take action against the manufacturer.

Don't do this. They'll get your claim money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Omackeral wrote: »
    Ah like the chicken pox, it's good to get it out of the way.

The good thing about aids is you can only catch it once unlike them pesky colds.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Are m&Ms made by a company that also make pet food?

Find out if there's an independent lab you can send it to. If you send it back to the M&M people that's the last you'll hear of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Its sugar.

Where did you get those tweezers?

edit: did you know that about rats teeth already or did you google it when you found the sugar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Rosie Rant

Damien360 wrote: »
    Did you eat the rest of the packet ?

Nope, might crush up the rest of the sweets to see if there is anything else interesting in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Maybe you've unknowingly won a prize, contact m&m and tell them what you found

Glenster wrote: »
    Its sugar.

Where did you get those tweezers?

edit: did you know that about rats teeth already or did you google it when you found the sugar?

I don't think it is sugar. I hope it is but I don't think so. I can't remember where I got the tweezers. I knew about the teeth already. I have no idea how, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭Glenster

Rosie Rant wrote: »
    I don't think it is sugar. I hope it is but I don't think so. I can't remember where I got the tweezers. I knew about the teeth already. I have no idea how, though!

Fair enough. If you actually think its a rat's tooth, have a word with M&Ms hotline tomorrow, see what you can get....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Put it in a glass of warm water then, see if it dissolves. See if it is sugar or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Put it in a glass of warm water then, see if it dissolves. See if it is sugar or not.

That's a good reply. But...if it dissolves then all the evidence is gone.Far too sensible....I say sue. I'll get back to you when I'm sober to tell you on what grounds you can sue.

Yay, it dissolved!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Yay, it dissolved!! :)

Well that was a bring end to that story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,424 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

OP .

Place the object in a mountain walk, a supermarket aisle or hide it under a table mat.

Trip over it or rub your leg against it....You'll make thousands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

What's with the background? Where the hell are you, some sort of dungeon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Dunno, man. I blame the Brits though.

Blame the poor British again...
    You freemasons never change..
    Edit:wrong thread I REALLY REALLY like the masons.
    Op,have you tried an acetone/ethanol wash, freebasing it and smoking it off some Tate and Lyle or a glass pipe? It sounds like a rat's tooth imo but it's worth a shot,just to satisfy the curiosity. Thats the sort of thing that would niggle at away at you, bad for the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

why would you assume something hard and orange was a rats tooth omg :eek:

What's with the background? Where the hell are you, some sort of dungeon?

Yes. Yes I am.

Ah no, the background is the blanket that was on my lap and shadow. The photos do actually look pretty sinister.

wakka12 wrote: »
    why would you assume something hard and orange was a rats tooth omg :eek:

No clue, my mind is strange.

Advertisement