Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a scam

Options
  • 15-04-2017 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

An unusual query

Has anyone any experience of receiving strange voicemails recently concerning pizza deliveries. I have several voicemails​ left on my mobile which seem to be one side of a telephone call from a pizza delivery guy. He rings a number to say he is outside with the pizza (4 seasons pizza). Seems to get told that the pizza was not ordered and not needed. Has an argument with the person on the other end about him ( the delivery guy) having to pay for the order and hangs up.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it some sort of scam or just a prank. I haven't rang back the number.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

BarnaP wrote: »
    An unusual query

Has anyone any experience of receiving strange voicemails recently concerning pizza deliveries. I have several voicemails​ left on my mobile which seem to be one side of a telephone call from a pizza delivery guy. He rings a number to say he is outside with the pizza (4 seasons pizza). Seems to get told that the pizza was not ordered and not needed. Has an argument with the person on the other end about him ( the delivery guy) having to pay for the order and hangs up.

Has this happened to anyone else? Is it some sort of scam or just a prank. I haven't rang back the number.
    How can you get a voicemail and be able to hear both sides of the conversation?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,237 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

BarnaP wrote: »
    An unusual query

Haha, it's just bizarre. And where's the scam part?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 BarnaP

No i can only hear the pizza guy. I can't hear who he is speaking to. It's weird

• Registered Users Posts: 10,946 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

It's a scam, or possibly scamola.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Birneybau wrote: »
    Haha, it's just bizarre. And where's the scam part?

I don't know. Don't want to ring the number though in case I'm adding to something!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

They do very nice pizza there op

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

That's very weird. You said several voicemails though. Is it a continuation of the same conversation, or is it the -same- conversation repeated or is this particular pizza delivery guy getting repeatedly screwed? :P

If it's really bugging you, you could ring 4 Seasons and see if you can get to the bottom of it that way. You're right not to call the number back though, there's probably something fishy. I just don't see the benefit of this particular method, so I wonder if it is some bizarre chance thing that somehow your phone is picking something up that it shouldn't be, or there's a number very similar to yours. Maybe pizza delivery guys have to have their calls recorded or something for security reasons and a signal is getting routed weirdly.

No idea, tbh, including if any of that is even possible. But it is odd!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,577 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Most likely it's some asswipe/childish mate you have thats after submitting your number to some premium rate service that they then listen back to the recording of your reaction for a great laugh while they are being charged €3 a minute or so. Those mates are probably still doing the What's Up ad from Bud.

Samaris wrote: »
    That's very weird. You said several voicemails though. Is it a continuation of the same conversation, or is it the -same- conversation repeated or is this particular pizza delivery guy getting repeatedly screwed? :P

If it's really bugging you, you could ring 4 Seasons and see if you can get to the bottom of it that way. You're right not to call the number back though, there's probably something fishy. I just don't see the benefit of this particular method, so I wonder if it is some bizarre chance thing that somehow your phone is picking something up that it shouldn't be, or there's a number very similar to yours. Maybe pizza delivery guys have to have their calls recorded or something for security reasons and a signal is getting routed weirdly.

No idea, tbh, including if any of that is even possible. But it is odd!

Same conversation repeated. I wouldn't be sure but it sounds almost word for word the same each time. Happened about 3 times one weekend and again during the week

Most likely it's some asswipe/childish mate you have thats after submitting your number to some premium rate service that they then listen back to the recording of your reaction for a great laugh while they are being charged €3 a minute or so. Those mates are probably still doing the What's Up ad from Bud.

That's​ the best explanation i have heard. I have few friends like that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Probably a recording of the same conversation then (unless this pizza guy is having a really bad week) Atlantic Dawn's explanation is probably it!

Advertisement