Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPSS Likert Scale analysis

Options
  • 15-04-2017 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi

In my study I have hypothesized the following:

-Top Management Support is a critical success factor on I.T. projects.
    -Adequate Resourcing is a critical success factor on I.T. projects.
    -Having a skilled team is a critical success factor on I.T. projects.

Next I have asked these questions in my survey to test the above hypotheses (via Likert Scale):

- Top Management Support is a critical success factor on I.T. projects. Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree

- Adequate Resourcing is a critical success factor on I.T. projects. Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree

- Having a skilled team is a critical success factor on I.T. projects. Strongly Agree, Agree, Neutral, Disagree, Strongly Disagree

What is the best way to accept or reject my hypotheses from the data I have gathered?

I will be entering the data into SPSS, Strongly Agree = 5, Agree = 4 etc.

Thanks in advance. Martin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

From your description, the experiment has not been designed in such a way that a hypothesis test is possible.

All you can do is report a summary of the opinions you find. (e.g. '87% of respondents either agreed or strongly agreed with the statement that Top Management Support is a critical success factor on I.T. projects')

Advertisement