Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MRI in UK?

Options
  • 15-04-2017 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I'd change GP's if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

Patww79 wrote: »
    I've been getting treated for a couple of years now for migraine but with no success and the longer it goes on without any days of respite the less I'm convinced it's the issue at all. Lately I have been regressing massively health-wise but my GP isn't interested in anything but telling me that I'm fine without examination, and I've tried a couple of other ones also.

I know (I've tried numerous places) I can't get an MRI here without a letter, but can I go to the UK for one off my own bat if I pay for it?

You will need a letter in the UK also and there is no point in getting an MRI without a specific clinical indication. Even if something showed up on the MRI, you would need a doctor to treat you after the fact. If you are not happy with your GP, the best thing is to get a recommendation of a GP from a relative/friend that you trust.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭76544567

Change GP.
    I had a health issue and my GP wouldnt believe me. Sent me away for years. I was even doubting myself.
    My wife one day got p1ssed off and made an appointment with a different GP.
    He had an idea what it was straight away. Sent me for the correct tests, got diagnosed, then treated and 100% cured in the space of 6 months.

The old GP had kept me in pain for 3 years. I had him for about 10 years. ALWAYS worth going to a different GP with something serious for s second opinion.

Advertisement