Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The PADI app

Options
  • 15-04-2017 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently doing the PADI course and my dive instructor told me to download the PADI app.

I have to say, what a piece of rubbish! It's taken me literally weeks to just login and now that I'm in there are a ridiculous amount of bugs.

The problem that I'm having at the moment is with the knowledge reviews.

I can only find the first review (which I've completed) but cannot for the life of me find 2,3,4 or 5.

If anybody has access to the app maybe you could help me out.

As i look at the app there is the introduction video to the right of that is the open water diver manual which contains the first review.

To the right of that is section 1 video followed by videos 2 3 4 and 5 but no sign of the reviews I'm looking for.

Honestly I feel really thick as I've lost count how many times I've been on to my instructor about bugs with this app. It's really off putting and I really feel It's hampering my progression.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Vabal

Hi weiland79,

I was doing my open water course in December last year and was given option to use either tablet app or web based tool for my theory. Luckily I chose web based tool as I wanted to have it completed using my PC rather than phone or tablet.
    Web tool worked pretty much flawlessly and I could easily go through the videos, and quizes without any problems.

I tried the PADI app much later after my certification just out of curiosity and was really disappointed of it's quality. Authentication issues, crashes, etc. Other PADI apps like ScubaEarth also not impressive. Incredibly slow and outdated.

So if you have an account with PADI, try http://elearning.padi.com/ - this is their web tool, it should work fine for you.

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Ask your instructor one simple question: Have you ever used the app yourself? Id hazard a guess the answer is no.

Ask him/her for a book.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

Thanks for the replies. I actually got it working yesterday afternoon and flew through the knowledge reviews.

It really is a terrible app though.

Advertisement