Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three.ie.....I got my code in spite of ye!!!!

Options
  • 15-04-2017 10:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

As Three decided to up my monthly charge mid-contract, I decided to change providers. I switched to Virgin about a month ago and have spent weeks trying to get the unlocking code for my Huawei. Three have put every stubling block possible in the way.
    I would contact them, they claimed they would start the process, I would chase them after a while and they would say they had no record of my call etc.
    Finally, they mailed me to say it would take 14 working days to unlock my phone, and they would mail me on the due date. When that date passed, I contacted them, only to be told they had no record of it, and it would take 14 working days blah blah.
    Now get this....I have a relative in the local Three shop, so on the same day I was told I had to start again, I went to the shop and a phone call was made.
    Surprise, surprise. Five minutes later, I had my code.
    I'm wondering now how long Three had the code, and how long they would have dragged it out if I hadn't known an employee?
    Looking forward to my final bill from Three.....Karma time!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Typical of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,127 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You do know Virgin is on 3 there still gettting your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

You do know Virgin is on 3 there still gettting your money.

They use the same masts, but they are completely different companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,760 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I also wouldn't think about skipping out on the final bill or you'll have collections departments and 3rd party debt agencies after you. Not worth the hassle or potential damage to your credit ratings really. Your win is that you got out of contract early and keep the phone .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭tony glenn

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I also wouldn't think about skipping out on the final bill or you'll have collections departments and 3rd party debt agencies after you. Not worth the hassle or potential damage to your credit ratings really. Your win is that you got out of contract early and keep the phone .
    Wise words indeed.....It is a fine phone and it's all mine! I may simply enter into correspondence with them concerning a possible bill reduction (in light of their deliberate attempts to delay my unlocking process). Thanks for your calming influence btw!

Advertisement