Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do TicketMaster send tickets?

Options
  • 15-04-2017 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

So 2 tickets for a concert were bought as a gift for me a few months ago, I was just wondering when do Ticketmaster send out tickets? Do they come just before the event or should they have already come? Any help would be great :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

robcon123 wrote: »
    So 2 tickets for a concert were bought as a gift for me a few months ago, I was just wondering when do Ticketmaster send out tickets? Do they come just before the event or should they have already come? Any help would be great :)

When is the concert?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 robcon123

Donal55 wrote: »
    When is the concert?
    Its at the beginning of July

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

From my experience, they don't have a fixed time-frame for sending gig tickets. It appears to be quite arbitrary actually. You could receive the tickets a couple days after ordering them or you could only get them the day before the actual concert.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭urbangoo

I always receive my tickets well in advance of the event. I usually receive them within a few weeks of buying them. I already have tickets for concerts I'm going to in October and November. Ticketmaster Ireland are usually pretty good with sending out tickets.
    Ticketmaster UK are a different story though. mad.png

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Everlong1

urbangoo wrote: »
    I always receive my tickets well in advance of the event. I usually receive them within a few weeks of buying them. I already have tickets for concerts I'm going to in October and November. Ticketmaster Ireland are usually pretty good with sending out tickets.
    Ticketmaster UK are a different story though. mad.png

The last few times I've bought tickets for UK gigs, they wouldn't post them to Ireland and I had to collect them at the box office. Of course you're not told this when you buy the tickets, you're left to learn it the hard way when the tickets don't arrive a week before the gig.

• Advertisement

I'm usually able to pick delivery to the Republic of Ireland when I buy them but then it gets nearer and nearer to the concert and I have to start contacting them when the tickets don't arrive. Then they have to change them to box office collection. And they usually don't have the print at home option. I'm not sure if they are trying to stop touts selling on tickets and that's why they send them out so late?

It makes me appreciate Ticketmaster Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I got my Future Islands tickets for Cork within a week of purchasing.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

They can arrive literally any time from a few days after you order them up to the week before the gig. They tell you not to contact customer service unless the tickets haven't arrived 3 days before the event (and generally in that situation, they'll keep them at the venue for you on the day).

• Site Banned Posts: 880 ✭✭✭whiteshorts

I'm not sure if they are trying to stop touts selling on tickets and that's why they send them out so late?

That would be a first!

Well maybe they are trying to stop people selling them outside of Seatwave.
    I don't know why they can't just send out tickets straight away like Ticketmaster Ireland seem to do. You pay for your ticket, you are entitled to it straight away, not 6 months later a few days before the concert.
    You shouldn't have to worry about not getting your ticket in time!

• Advertisement
Advertisement