Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Want to get in on caravanning

Options
  • 14-04-2017 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

we are toying with idea of getting a caravan. I hate the idea of sleeping in tent but wouldn't mind a caravan. I love my friends motorhome but it's way too expensive so we are thinking of investing in a 3 berth caravan.

This might sound like weird question but are they difficult to tow? My husband works a lot of weekends so I'd probably head off with my sister/niece and my toddler. I intend to rent one for a holiday this year and then decide. Tia

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

we are toying with idea of getting a caravan. I hate the idea of sleeping in tent but wouldn't mind a caravan. I love my friends motorhome but it's way too expensive so we are thinking of investing in a 3 berth caravan.

This might sound like weird question but are they difficult to tow? My husband works a lot of weekends so I'd probably head off with my sister/niece and my toddler. I intend to rent one for a holiday this year and then decide. Tia

Not difficult to tow providing:
    1. You have a decent functional stabiliser
    2. You don't exceed the towing weight of the towing car
    3. You have the correct nose weight
    4. You stick to the speed limits (the speed limit for towing anything in Ireland is 80km/h)
    5. Your tyres are in good condition and correctly inflated
    6. Caravan brakes if fitted are properly adjusted and functioning properly
    7. You fit and use towing mirrors (if required)

You need to do plenty of practice reversing before you set of anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭TigerTim

And check your license that you are ok to tow.

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

TigerTim wrote: »
    And check your license that you are ok to tow.

T.

Everyone with a full license can tow a caravan. So long as train isn't more than 3500kgs......check it yourself but that's my understanding.

Advertisement