Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help buying laptop.

Options
  • 14-04-2017 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭

We're on a lookup for a laptop for out 8 year old daughter.
    I have little experience in Laptops as I never really had one (it was always desktop PCs I was after).
    So general help what would be the best option will be appreciated.

Budget: Ideally up to €500 with €600 being absolute maximum.

Intended use:: Firstly for my daughter to learn to use PC properly, and then browsing, youtube, watching videos and pictures, later in a year or two probably some basic programming, maybe photo and video editing (all at very beginners level), and games (up to as much as spec will allow).
    Would be beneficial for laptop to last good few years so longevity and upgradability is desired.

Mobility: : Not really required. Laptop will spend most of it's time on the desk. However being able to fit to Ryanair hand luggage is also important.

Warranty: : Not really important. Standard is fine.

What Operating System do you use? It will require to be preinstalled with Windows, but later Linux might come on board as well.

Generally what I was thinking of, is something with reasonably modern processor, probably 8GB ram, 1TB HDD, and the best graphics card which can be got for budget. And attractive looks for 8 year old girl.

Any recommendations?

Comments

Advertisement