Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playoff 2017

Options
  • 14-04-2017 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭

Anyone watching? Big Flames fan and some job by Brodie to keep the play onside for the goal there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,968 ✭✭✭cena

Ducks fan. Well try to keep up

Ducks fan. Some comeback last night.
    Blackhawks look in some trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Pens fan.
    Looking like a good win over the CBJs.....

Also watch out for Bruins and Blackhawks. Both are in trouble!

Do people think that the Capitals will choke again? They are in big trouble!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Hawks gone. I have 3 of their players in my fantasy pool :(

This Ducks vs Oilers series is incredible.
    Ducks were down 3-0 with about 3 minutes left in the third, and managed to win in 2OT

• Advertisement

And the Oilers got their revenge. Hammered the Ducks last night 7-1
    Game 7 is on Wednesday (I think)

This seems very familiar for Ducks fans. Up 3-2, with a possible game 7 at home, and lose both games 6 and 7.
    Think it's happened 2 or 3 times recently. Fingers crossed they can hold it together, and win at home

Wooo, go Ducks. Nashville look good too.
    And the Capitals are knocked out. Must be very frustrating to be a fan of theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭Hippo

Great performance from the Pens last night, stunning from Doumulin, he made a huge difference. Ovi contributed nothing to the Caps, they went out with a whimper in the end.

Sorry to see Edmonton go out but it's a young team and will be serious contenders next season. Hard to see past the Preds now for the Western Conference.

EirSport appear not to be showing the Conference finals live for some reason

Hoping for a Ducks v Pens final. Purely for fantasy reasons :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Eyes Down Field

I know SFA about Ice Hockey but I'm watching Pittsburgh Vs Nashville tonight. My Hockey experience is limited to watching Might Ducks movies as a kid and playing EA Sports NHL 2004 on the old PS2.

NHL 2004 is actually a pretty decent introduction to the game

Hippo wrote: »
    NHL 2004 is actually a pretty decent introduction to the game
    Yeah it was a fun game. And it sparked my interest in the sport for a while but in terms of American sports, I was more drawn towards NBA and NFL. Also when you watch US sports media, It's very Football/Basketball dominate. Hockey hardly gets a mention.

Congrats to the Pens, and well done Preds. A very enjoyable series.

There doesn't seem to be much interest in the game over here. When it comes to American sports stars like Lebron James Kevin Durrant and Steph Curry draw more casual fans to basketball. High profile football players like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson do the same for their sport. There are really no hockey stars who are global names, especially in western Europe.

Yes hockey has a very low profile in western Europe, maybe because it's still so unfashionable in the States compared to the other major sports.

It was a great series - as a Pens fan I'm obviously delighted but the Preds are a seriously good outfit, just let down by Rinne on the road and their PP in game 6.

Advertisement