Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fetac/Plc to UCD

Options
  • 14-04-2017 2:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Over the past year i have completed a PLC course in Business Studies the code being 5m2102. I was hoping to go on to do commerce in UCD and when looking at the entry requirements it states that you need 5 distinctions i recently found out that i just got eight.

Along with the distinctions it specifies that you need a B3/Distinction in QQI maths which my college does not offer. So this year i have decided to sit the maths paper again as last year i narrowly missed out. But my concern is that the offers for QQI come out on 1 August and LC results don't come out until 17 august so how the offering of places work.

My main concern is that there are only 5 places available and with surplus numbers every year does any have any clue to what numbers would be applying with 8 dinstctions / 400 fetac points. I was also wondering has anyone done this course in UCD or are they any good alternatives to consider incase I don't get in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Zak1234 wrote: »
    Over the past year i have completed a PLC course in Business Studies the code being 5m2102. I was hoping to go on to do commerce in UCD and when looking at the entry requirements it states that you need 5 distinctions i recently found out that i just got eight.

Along with the distinctions it specifies that you need a B3/Distinction in QQI maths which my college does not offer. So this year i have decided to sit the maths paper again as last year i narrowly missed out. But my concern is that the offers for QQI come out on 1 August and LC results don't come out until 17 august so how the offering of places work.

My main concern is that there are only 5 places available and with surplus numbers every year does any have any clue to what numbers would be applying with 8 dinstctions / 400 fetac points. I was also wondering has anyone done this course in UCD or are they any good alternatives to consider incase I don't get in.

Can I ask, are you a mature student or under 23?If you are a mature student, they wouldn't care what results you gotten in the past but the interest.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 Zak456

I'm 20

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Hi Zac. Your mate, the other Zac, had this question answered in your other his thread.

Just a heads up, and I'm sure this doesn't apply to you, but a dim view tends to be taken to users holding multiple concurrent accounts on here. Perhaps one of the Zacs should close his account before the mods wake up with their hangovers...?

;)

Zak456 wrote: »
    I'm 20

Ok I think maybe since you got 8 distinctions, then I wouldn't worry. However if it doesn't work out, maybe consider trying other business courses in different colleges. Would you prefer to do then in Dublin or outside of it?

What are the top five colleges in Ireland business not overall

• Advertisement

Ucd is the only one that I really want to go I worked hard and hopefully I get accepted commerce is probably the best business course you can do out there

What are the top five colleges in Ireland business not overall

IT Sligo
    NUIG
    GMIT
    Athlone IT
    Dublin Business School (if you sill wanna live in Dublin)

How could you honestly put air in compassion to ucd or dcu

Ait

My first account was having problems would not post I had problems with it so I set up a new one

• Advertisement

My first account was having problems would not post I had problems with it so I set up a new one

Im just suggesting those if you wanna go down that route

What about dit dcu matnooth ucc surely there better recognised

Advertisement