Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The whole way down below to Ballycotton in your motorcar!

Options
  • 13-04-2017 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭

Occasionally I might mention to an older neighbour or relative that I'm going on some trippeen in the car to see someone and the place I'd be going to could be an hour or two drive.

And fairly often such statements would be met with complete shock "You're going all the way up over the mountains across the narrow bridge into the desert and through the long mucky road and into the fields and down the whole way deep inside of the middle of Bally****ingcotton..... TONIGHT!"

Is this a hangover from the days when getting around was more like the way it's in Game of Thrones or do distances seem longer when you get older?

I suppose we have also spawned a generation of people who think nothing of throwing €20 of daysul into their Hyundai Toose-hawn they bought on the PCP and driving for a few hours on a reasonably good quality road and have therefore lost all appreciation for the ease and accesibility of long distance travel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Think they were just describing the M50 to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I know a few older folk who'd barely leave their parish. One fella retired and the furthest he went since is Dublin and that was due to the death of a relation.
    Some people are odd that way,a lad I work with is nearly half my age and he's the same.Work-home,work-home and at the weekend goes nowhere despite not having ties such as a partner or kids.I'd hate that.
    From a young age,I thought nothing of heading off travelling. Even before I drove it was jump on a train or bus and head off for the day and travel back at night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

I thought it was Dacia Dusters they were buying on the pcp.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I thought it was Dacia Dusters they were buying on the pcp.

With PCP,you need to watch the milage,no wonder they don't drive any further than the local shop.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

What are you limited per year on pcp?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Four Phucs Ache

What are you limited per year on pcp?

Brother says he is limited to 60kms over 3 years so 15kms a year.

Fook that.I do 40kms a year but each to there own and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Brother says he is limited to 60kms over 3 years so 15kms a year.

Fook that.I do 40kms a year but each to there own and all that.

That's daft. Sure you'd walk that on a soft morning with high heels on and a child dragging out of ya.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

maudgonner wrote: »
    That's daft. Sure you'd walk that on a soft morning with high heels on and a child dragging out of ya.

:pac:

Noughts missing.

Advertisement