Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Obesity Surgeons in Ireland - or are they all in Belgium?

Options
  • 13-04-2017 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Must admit I'm having trouble finding an Irish-based obesity surgeon to perform a gastric bypass in Ireland as all clinics seem to send you to Belgium for the surgery. Does anyone know of an Irish-based surgeon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

cjcookson wrote: »
    Must admit I'm having trouble finding an Irish-based obesity surgeon to perform a gastric bypass in Ireland as all clinics seem to send you to Belgium for the surgery. Does anyone know of an Irish-based surgeon?

There are several in Ireland. Are you looking for private treatment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cjcookson

There's one in Cork that we found but I can't actually see any near Dublin. She's hoping that her Health Insurer might cover some of the cost but private would certainly be the direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

cjcookson wrote: »
    There's one in Cork that we found but I can't actually see any near Dublin. She's hoping that her Health Insurer might cover some of the cost but private would certainly be the direction.

There are some in Dublin too at Blackrock Clinic, etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Mr Oliver McAnena in Galway is the best in Ireland. He does a Gastric Sleeve. VHI cover this surgery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cjcookson

Sounds great - many thanks for the tip

• Advertisement
Advertisement