Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower diverter query

Options
  • 13-04-2017 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a shower diverter valve - for switching between a fixed shower head and flexible hand held. I can't find one for sale on its own anywhere I have looked - DIY places, and some plumbing places as well.

They only seem to be available as part of full shower kits or built in to mixer+diverter units. I don't want to buy a full kit or the combined unit.

I need the valve plus the front (preferably chrome plated). It will be a hidden valve (behind pvc panelling in shower) with exposed knob (:o!)

Any ideas? Would prefer to buy in a bricks and mortar so that I can view it first but can go online if that's the only option.

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,907 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

You need to know the make and model first

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭m0nsterie

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    You need to know the make and model first

What do you mean? I want to put in a diverter. Where would I get one (any make or model)?

Has anyone got any idea where I might get a diverter? Thanks

m0nsterie wrote:
    What do you mean? I want to put in a diverter. Where would I get one (any make or model)?

Sorry I thought you wanted to replace a broken diverter built into a shower. Have a look on ebay. Plenty there

Sorry I thought you wanted to replace a broken diverter built into a shower. Have a look on ebay. Plenty there

There are some on eBay - they all come from either the US or Asia. None local. Any ideas where I would find one in a bricks and mortar shop, so I can look at it?

Or even an Irish online supplier. Amazon UK also do not have these (only combined mixer/diverter units, or a non-concealed diverter that attaches to the fixed head).

I have seen them in the past, so I know they exist, but it's proving very difficult to actually find one! Anyone?

• Advertisement

It's not something I've ever bought separately so I'm not sure. Ask at your local trade counter, Chadwicks etc.

Here's a link to eBay UK with UK stocked diverters
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/shower-diverter-valve

It's not something I've ever bought separately so I'm not sure. Ask at your local trade counter, Chadwicks etc.

Here's a link to eBay UK with UK stocked diverters
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/shower-diverter-valve

I have asked, as I mentioned. No joy there. That's why I came here to check if anyone had come across them anywhere.

The link you gave does not list concealed diverters, it only lists diverters that attach directly to the fixed head, and it lists combined mixer/diverter units.

Thanks anyway!

Advertisement