Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees if I dropped out before semester 2

Options
  • 12-04-2017 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I dropped out of DIT just before semester 2 was about to begin. As far as I'm aware, I just about made the cut off point for which half your fees would be refunded. However, I myself didn't pay any actual fees because I got the grant (special maintenance) I want to go back to college in September (UCD) but I am so confused about how much money I'll have to pay. Will I have to pay full EU fees for both semesters or just semester one? Will the government subsidise semester 2? Will I get the grant for semester 2?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

Ring the admissions office I don't think you'll be entitled to anything as far as I know Christmas is the cut off point. You won't get a grant for for the same yeAr again

Have you informed Susi as well that you have dropped out?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 student12340

Yeah, I informed susi. I saw this on the UCD website but I'm unsure what it actually means.

1. 'Free' fee students

a) 'Free' fee students who register and officially withdraw with their Programme Office by completing the Withdrawal Form and returning their student card from 21 Oct 2016 to 31 January 2017 inclusive are liable for payment of half the Student Contribution Charge, 3,000 and half the Student Centre Levy 247 i.e. a total of 1,623.50*. FURTHER, half of the tuition fee will be claimed on the student’s behalf from the HEA. A student will then be liable to pay half the tuition fee for the equivalent period of attendance if s/he registers within the next 5 years in any Irish third level institution. Where students have taken more, or less, credits in the first semester, they will be liable for a proportionate amount of the Student Contribution.
    (b) 'Free' fee students who register and officially withdraw by completing the Withdrawal Form and returning their student card on or after 1 February 2017 are liable for full payment of the Student Contribution Charge, 3,000 and the Student Centre Levy, 247 i.e. a total of 3,247. FURTHER, the full tuition fee will be claimed on the student’s behalf from the HEA. A student will have to pay full fees for the equivalent period of attendance if s/he registers within the next 5 years in any Irish third level institution.

* If entitled to 'free' fees; if not, the appropriate tuition fee must be paid.
    (Note: no charge applies to students who transfer to another third level institution as a result of a higher CAO offer).

Did you withdraw properly with the form before the correct date? If so you may only have to pay half the fees next sept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 student12340

Yep, I made the cut off date for DIT. Just trying to figure out the exact total of my fees because I'm currently in a job I hate and I'm wondering if I've already saved enough money to leave and get something part time!

Advertisement