Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MS Azure DB hosting

Options
  • 12-04-2017 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

I have a small c# project that I'll be developing using a few different pc's, so for handiness I thought I would host the related dB on MS Azure.
    Got my azure account set up, dB set up and am trying to get my SQL server manager to connect to Azure, but I keep getting connection error.
    I have my PC added to Azure firewall.
    I have the port needed opened in my firewall and also on my router. But still getting connection error.
    Anyone come across this problem. It looked so easy at the beginning, but it just never works out that way:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Aswerty

Providing the error message could prove useful!

Basic setup...

The server name should be in the format <<server name>>.database.windows.net and be sure you're using the Server Admin Login with the correct password using SQL Server Authentication. On the Azure firewall make sure your current client IP address (which they display to you) is the one setup in a rule - typically you have the same IP address as the start and end IP. If you're on a home connection you IP address can change depending on how frequently you ISP rotates your dynamic IP so make sure that it hasn't automatically changed on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

As above, make sure you've authorised your IP address in azure so you can connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,372 ✭✭✭jmcc

As above. Also check if your server was started with --skip-networking.

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Thanks for everyones help. I was spending too long at it, so i just set up the dB on my own machine and once I have enough progress that I can take a bit of a break, I'll come back to Azure and try to fix that issue.

Advertisement