Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toronto Stock Exchange and Medicinal Marijuana Stocks

Options
  • 11-04-2017 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know any broker which I can register with who will allow me to trade the stock WEED (ticker) on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX) or alternatively the same stock is listed as TWMJF on other exchanges?

I know TD Ameritrade will allow me to Trade TWMJF but in order to sign up I have to mail an application form to America and wait for them to mail me back a Welcome pack etc. I'd like to get up and running ASAP.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Degiro for the weed ticker - I just checked my account there.

They don't do the other ticker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Prezatch wrote: »
    Degiro for the weed ticker - I just checked my account there.

They don't do the other ticker.

I'm registered with degiro but they have already told me they don't offer WEED ticker. I think it shows up if you search but can't trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 EscherehcsE

IrishIrish wrote: »
    I'm registered with degiro but they have already told me they don't offer WEED ticker. I think it shows up if you search but can't trade.

Strange, DeGiro have it up and running for me. Although I had to ring them up to get all the stocks up on the system. The have a sponsored forum here but don't know if they're still around http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1766
    414374.jpg
    DeGiro-1.jpg

Try searching for Canopy Growth with TSX.

There's a lot of hype surrounding this stock (Snoop Dog is in on the act) so maybe look for some of the other companies. Canopy's cost per gram is pretty high too whereas the younger entrants have nearly half the costs, with plans for upscaling going by recent purchases . 74,000 SqM getting ready to go
    I'd say check out Aurora, Organigram and maybe Aphria.
    Recreational legalisation seems to be on track going by yesterday's news. Markets went mad, but as you can see it's a case of pump and dump first thing this morning when the market opened. Notice that all 4 stocks are acting as one so it looks like the big funds have the formula off.

No doubts about it though, it's a bubble.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

IrishIrish wrote: »

They won't give you bid/ask prices when the exchange is open or any info on volumes etc. but you can still trade it. Same for other exchanges like the ASX. I usually check the live price on google finance for stocks like these. There will be a slight delay on google finance though

Advertisement