Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you tag people who aren't friends on Facebook

Options
  • 11-04-2017 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

I'm managing a business page for a friends photography company. We've uploaded photos and I wanted to tag people in the photos to bring attention to the business page. I can't do this for anyone I tried so far. Googled but still unclear as to whether this it's possible or not.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I don't believe this is possible. It'd be a massive pain if companies could tag you in this way. Imagine the spam. I've seen people approach this two ways- either ask or allow people to tag themselves (nightclub pages are a good example) or you personally friend all the people and tag them on the business page from your personal profile (some small photographers especially niche areas do this). Depending on their privacy settings they may have to approve this tag, and may also choose to delete it.

Ideally you'd have a good enough relationship with the user that if you messaged their personal account from the business page and asked them to share the pic that'd be best. You'd have to have permission from them to post the pic and name them obviously but I'd assume that's covered in the contract.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

I don't believe this is possible. It'd be a massive pain if companies could tag you in this way. Imagine the spam. I've seen people approach this two ways- either ask or allow people to tag themselves (nightclub pages are a good example) or you personally friend all the people and tag them on the business page from your personal profile (some small photographers especially niche areas do this). Depending on their privacy settings they may have to approve this tag, and may also choose to delete it.

Thanks a million. I was afraid I was doing something stupid and that's why not able to tag. The photographer asked me to do the tagging and I didn't want to go back to him saying not possible only to discover it was in fact !! I think at some stage Facebook did allow you to tag non friends( according to some forums a few years back) but must have changed again. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

No worries seefin and best of luck!

Advertisement