Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Strikes - Annual Ticket refund?

Options
  • 11-04-2017 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

My company bought me an annual ticket which every month a payment comes out of my salary

with no bus service in 3 weeks is it possible to get refunded the money ?

i dont like paying for a service i cant use

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,505 ✭✭✭✭L1011

If there is a Bus Eireann to get a refund from at the end of the strike, you will be able to. If BE go to the wall I imagine there'll be some fudging done for annual tickets which have been paid up in full by employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I am in the same boat.

There is a refund policy in respect of industrial action

buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=291#action

(can't post full link because I don't have enough posts - just add www.)

Your employer will have to progress it on your behalf
    However it looks like you'll just get the refund of the bus ticket cost.
    I don't think it covers the cost of alternative transport (train, taxi etc) which is inevitably much more expensive.

I've had to fork out for a weekly train ticket (€80 x 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭ITV2

Refunds policy due to Industrial Action

LeapCards

Customers with annual and monthly bus tickets (including Taxsaver Tickets) on Leap Cards will be issued with a refund based on ticket value and the number of days travel lost due to the industrial action.

Monthly & Annual Tickets – Non Taxsaver

Refunds should be claimed once the dispute is resolved by emailing customercare@buseireann.ie with your Leapcard number. The appropriate refund amount will be remotely loaded to your Leapcard and will be placed onto the card once it is presented to any Payzone terminal. Customers will be informed that the refund has been processed and available for collection by email.

Monthly & Annual Ticket's - Taxsaver

Refunds should be claimed once the dispute is resolved by your employer emailing taxsaver@buseireann.ie with their Taxsaver Account Number and Employee Name.

For other ticket types no refunds will be made on any partially used tickets including 10 Journey Tickets in any circumstances.

Claims for the refund of unused tickets will be solely at the discretion of the company and should be made to customercare@buseireann.ie

Advertisement