Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

REQUEST: Data to make a histogram of annual income in Ireland

Options
  • 11-04-2017 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, have a request for some data if anyone could help me out.

Want to examine the distribution of earnings in Ireland and maybe some other countries.

Ideally would like to take a look at the following plot:
    X-Axis - 10+ buckets of salary ranges
    Y-Axis - number of people in each bucket

Anyone have an idea where I could get this data? I'm in UCD so have access to Bloomberg terminals if that helps.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,086 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

First of all, salaries/wages are just one type of income.

Indeed, wages may make up maybe 50% approx of incomes.

So are you looking at the distribution of wages, or the distribution of incomes?

I suggest you look up the SILC, or the Revenue income tax distribution data.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

CSO or Revenue I'd say would be your best bet, a question I'd ask is what the revenue figure means Is it a median or mean, I'd also check if that included BIK or is just the monetary amount

Edit: eurostat may be useful for EU countries

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

Thanks for the responses. I was after wages and salaries.

Managed to get the data from Revenue. Link here:
    http://www.cso.ie/px/pxeirestat/Statire/SelectVarVal/Define.asp?maintable=rva02&ProductID=DB_rv01&PLanguage=0

GajOswQ.png

IdRrnl6.png

Will look into eurostat next.

Advertisement