Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Annual travel card for Irish rail and Dublin Bus

Options
  • 10-04-2017 6:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,735 ✭✭✭

I have an annual taxsaver commuter ticket for Irish rail (Dart use) and the trains wont be running from Saturday to Sunday inclusive due to works. The tickets for the train are supposed to be valid on the bus. Do I just have to show the card to the drivers which has my photo on it as it wont read a card with train credit on the reader? Hope its not a stupid question.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,505 ✭✭✭✭L1011

They'll take your word for it, basically. From experience you will get drivers who aren't even vaguely aware that they're meant to take any tickets, but they'll usually let you on rather than cause a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,090 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

billyhead wrote: »
    I have an annual taxsaver commuter ticket for Irish rail (Dart use) and the trains wont be running from Saturday to Sunday inclusive due to works. The tickets for the train are supposed to be valid on the bus. Do I just have to show the card to the drivers which has my photo on it as it wont read a card with train credit on the reader? Hope its not a stupid question.

Bejaysus! Look at what I'm just seen :)

http://www.irishrail.ie/news/engineeringworkskillester-skerries

Good Friday 14th April (from 19.30hrs) - Easter Sunday 16th April inclusive

DART

DART services will operate between Dublin Connolly and Greystones only
    There will be NO DART service between Dublin Connolly and Malahide/Howth.
    Dublin Bus will accept valid rail tickets for travel within the affected DART route.
    Drogheda and Dundalk Commuters

Northern Commuter services will operate between Skerries and Drogheda/Dundalk only.
    Bus transfer will operate between Dublin Connolly and Skerries, serving Donabate.
    Rush & Lusk station will be closed for the duration of the works.
    Dublin Bus will accept valid rail tickets for travel between Rush & Lusk and Dublin only.

Advertisement