Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boylesports trying to weasel out of paying up.

Options
  • 10-04-2017 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

On saturday I did a 6 team football acuumulator. All six selections won. However when I went to collect i was told "security" had flagged my bet up as one of my selections was marked differently to the rest. They claimed i didn't mean to select leeds as this was marked differently to the other 5. Mind readers they have now.They only wanted to pay on a five team accum and thought i would accept this. Well i can assure you I did not. I find this kind of behavior typical of the big bookies. Everything's great as long as you're losing, as soon as you win a few quid they try to weasel their way out of paying. Eventually after wasting an hour of my time they did pay, at that stage they had taking the good out of it. I got talking to their agent and asked him had the selection lost would they have been ringing me to inform me i had a winning 5 team accumulator? needless to say he didn't say they would. Really poor form. Incidentally I was hedging in the very same shop on the last game when the first 5 were up.
    Boylesports hang your head in shame.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

UrbanFret wrote: »
    They claimed i didn't mean to select leeds as this was marked differently to the other 5.
    So they weren't claiming that you meant to select another team, just that you didn't intend to select Leeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

How much did you win?

What was the difference between the 5 and the 6?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Doyler92

In what way did you select Leeds differently?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

J Mysterio wrote: »
    How much did you win?

What was the difference between the 5 and the 6?

6 paid €481 5 paid €157
    About €320 . Mightn't be much to them but quite a bit to me.

Doyler92 wrote: »
    In what way did you select Leeds differently?

The pen stroke wasn't as thick as they rest. Maybe if their pens worked a bit better it mightn't have been a problem.

• Advertisement

So they weren't claiming that you meant to select another team, just that you didn't intend to select Leeds?

That's about it in a nut shell. I asked him how did he know I didn't intend to select them? I wonder if i do a 6 team accum tonight and only 5 win if I go in tomorrow and tell them I didn't mean to select the other team will they pay me?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Honestly, it's too late now, but all of us would've needed to see the slip to have any judgement on it.

Advertisement