Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

M3 Overcharge

Options
  • 10-04-2017 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

Hey not sure if this is the correct thread but here it goes, I want to see if anyone else has had this problem.

I was driving down the M3 last night toward Dublin from Cavan, when I got to the first toll I drove into the lane for cars only, the toll was supposed to be €1.40 but I was charged €2.20. I assumed the prices may have changed and that the signs hadn't been updated.

Kept driving and came to the next toll. Signs still said €1.40 for cars and vans €2.20. I again went to the cars only part and the read out changed from €1.40 to €2.20. This time I pressed the button for assistance and asked what the story was. The person on the other end was able to reset the barrier to €1.40 and I continued on.

My car is registered for the M50 toll and I've passed through other toll bridges no problem. So is this common place to be over charged on the M3 for seemingly no reason???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What type of car and how many seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

L1011 wrote:
    What type of car and how many seats?

Just a standard 2007 Hyundai Accent with 5 seats. I was in Donegal for the weekend drove up through Ardee and had no problems with the toll on the M1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Who charged you €2.20? A staff member?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

Who charged you €2.20? A staff member?

Was charged 2.20 at the automatic barrier (at the first toll) I thought I might have read the signs wrong. When I got to the second toll I went into the car only lane (the automated one) and the price on the screen changed from 1.40 to 2.20 which is a van price. I had to press the assistance button and when the chap answered and I asked him was it not supposed to be 1.40 and he was able to change it back to the 1.40 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

The AVC auto system is mistakenly thinking your car is a mini-bus (i.e a vehicle with 8 seats or more), happens on occasion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement