Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No claim but shows up on renewals.

Options
  • 10-04-2017 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭

Got my renewal in the door this morning but yet again axa have listed an incident I had 2 years ago as a claim. 2 years ago I had a bit of a crash, I contacted axa to let them know about it, they sent a guy to take picture and statements.

The lad I crashed into decided not to purse any claim and that was the end of it. However, Axa have constantly listed the 700 investigation costs as a claim against me. It has never increased the price of my policy but even when I call other insurers they say 'i see you have a claim'' when I didnt.
    I have pointed this out to axa several times over the year but they just won't listen.

Axa have admitted to me on the phone that it was originally listed incorrectly and I thought last year they had fixed the issue but still nothing.

Who can I go to that will look into this issue for me? I had no claim so it should not be listed as one.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Maybe talk to someone further up the food chain other than the agent who answers the phone. Failing that maybe talk to the Insurance Ombudsman to see where you stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

Had a similar issue you myself, a car ran into the side of me, minor damage which was paid for by the third party as they were at fault. I still reclaimed my NCB however similar to the OP I see that under claims I have one listed as a non-fault accident with a price of €1.

As others say it is technically still a claim even if you are not at fault I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

C4Kid wrote: »
    Had a similar issue you myself, a car ran into the side of me, minor damage which was paid for by the third party as they were at fault. I still reclaimed my NCB however similar to the OP I see that under claims I have one listed as a non-fault accident with a price of €1.

As others say it is technically still a claim even if you are not at fault I suppose.

The problem is that on the renewal is says SETTLED 700? That's not even factually correct as there was no settlement. If that's the case why report any accident for investigation?

The way they have it worded is very unfair and any person reading it that doesnt know the full story would consider it a 'proper' claim against me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

carzony wrote: »
    Got my renewal in the door this morning but yet again axa have listed an incident I had 2 years ago as a claim. 2 years ago I had a bit of a crash, I contacted axa to let them know about it, they sent a guy to take picture and statements.

The lad I crashed into decided not to purse any claim and that was the end of it. However, Axa have constantly listed the 700 investigation costs as a claim against me. It has never increased the price of my policy but even when I call other insurers they say 'i see you have a claim'' when I didnt.
    I have pointed this out to axa several times over the year but they just won't listen.

Axa have admitted to me on the phone that it was originally listed incorrectly and I thought last year they had fixed the issue but still nothing.

Who can I go to that will look into this issue for me? I had no claim so it should not be listed as one.

Thanks

Wasting your time, with AXA in particular. Btdt - they found me 'at fault' for a crash in 2013. Turns out they didn't interview any of the witnesses, investigate the site of the crash, nor taken on board the pictures taken showing the positions of the vehicles at the scene.

And after 7 weeks still hadn't sent an assessor to even see my vehicle - yet were happy to have authorised repairs to the other party despite the claim not having been decided one way or the other.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

The problem is that on the renewal is says SETTLED 700? That's not even factually correct as there was no settlement. If that's the case why report any accident for investigation?

The way they have it worded is very unfair and any person reading it that doesnt know the full story would consider it a 'proper' claim against me.

Were investigation fees paid?

Technically they have to include it on your NCD letter. It was still a reported incident and is still within the statute of limitations (I think) for the property element.

I would issue letters similar to this but would amend the description to incl "assessors fees only" in the description and "closed" as opposed to settled. They may do that for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭carzony

Rod Munch wrote: »
    Were investigation fees paid?

Technically they have to include it on your NCD letter. It was still a reported incident and is still within the statute of limitations (I think) for the property element.

I would issue letters similar to this but would amend the description to incl "assessors fees only" in the description and "closed" as opposed to settled. They may do that for you?

Investigation fees should not be considered a claim as far as i'm aware.

The renewal I recieved this morning and last year basically states there was a claim. Actually it doesnt even state what the claim was for suprisingly, it just states 15/2/15 - claim - 700 - settled.

I will contact the ombudsman tomorrow and get the ball rolling on a solution, even see if I can get them to reword it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Investigation fees should not be considered a claim as far as i'm aware.

The renewal I recieved this morning and last year basically states there was a claim. Actually it doesnt even state what the claim was for suprisingly, it just states 15/2/15 - claim - 700 - settled.

I will contact the ombudsman tomorrow and get the ball rolling on a solution, even see if I can get them to reword it.

Why not?

You were involved in an incident.

Your insurer investigated it therefore had to pay investigation fees.

The third party withdrew their claim.

If they hadn't investigated it and just accepted that you were responsible then that would be worse.

The ombudsman will not get involved with this.

First port of call is to contact your insurer, query why its noted as being a settled claim when it was in actual fact a withdrawn one and ask them to amend the wording of it.

Advertisement