Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Headset adapter needed

Options
  • 10-04-2017 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

posting this on behalf of a friend whos 8 year old got a new headset for his birthday and doesnt have an adapter for a 360 controller

They have tried the usual spots (Smyths, Argos, Gamestop) but no look

Anyone seen one foe sale or want to sell one?

Patience and a new headset dont seem to be a strong point :D He will fit in with the rest of us here!! :D

Thanks lads!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I might have a non original one knocking around the house somewhere. I'll check later and let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

GBX wrote: »
    I might have a non original one knocking around the house somewhere. I'll check later and let you know.

cheers dude, that would be great. just send me your paypal or whatever and ill sort you out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

amadablam wrote: »
    Hey all,

posting this on behalf of a friend whos 8 year old got a new headset for his birthday and doesnt have an adapter for a 360 controller

They have tried the usual spots (Smyths, Argos, Gamestop) but no look

Anyone seen one foe sale or want to sell one?

Patience and a new headset dont seem to be a strong point :D He will fit in with the rest of us here!! :D

Thanks lads!

I have two of the call centre type yolks if theyre any good to him?

I have two of the call centre type yolks if theyre any good to him?

Thanks SD.

He got a set of HyperX CloudX headphones but uses the 360 and I couldn't find an adapter anywhere in town.

I'm wondering if a 3.5 to 2.5 mm adapter might work.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

amadablam wrote: »
    Thanks SD.

He got a set of HyperX CloudX headphones but uses the 360 and I couldn't find an adapter anywhere in town.

I'm wondering if a 3.5 to 2.5 mm adapter might work.
    Be worth a go, you'd get get one cheap in Maplin

• Advertisement

Apologies Amadablam ... this slipped my mind. I'll check later. Reminder in my phone - phone owner has memory of a goldfish :pac:

Apologies Amadablam ... this slipped my mind. I'll check later. Reminder in my phone - phone owner has memory of a goldfish :pac:

Cheers dude.

Tried a 3.5-2.5 step down but nothing coming out of the headphones at all :(

Is this the same one you need ?

Is this the same one you need ?

Thats it dude! send me a PM and ill sort you out

cheers!

Just wanted to say a massive thank you to GBX for his kindness and generosity in helping out my friend. At his own cost, he sent on the adapter and wouldn't take anything for it. It's decency like this that makes the forum here, a great place, with great people.

Hope to return the favor sometime GBX! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement