Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GardaÃ* want to ban people taking and sharing their pictures

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

There should be a law ensuring that the entire video is shown in context including build up and the history of the person who is taking it.....

ryanch09 wrote: »
    Was drawn to this article in the Times this morning: http://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/garda%C3%AD-want-to-ban-people-taking-and-sharing-their-pictures-1.3042615

Now I'm all for one's privacy but surely this infringes on citizen's rights in some way? I'd lose a lot of trust in the gardaí if I knew they could be up to anything without being able to be exposed by a member of the public?

I believe, what they want is a ban on photos and videos being used to name and identity individual members on social media and the like.
    All evidence of any wrongdoing can always be used in the correct way using correct channels.
    That's fair enough imo.

bubblypop wrote: »
    I believe, what they want is a ban on photos and videos being used to name and identity individual members on social media and the like.
    All evidence of any wrongdoing can always be used in the correct way using correct channels.
    That's fair enough imo.

That's exactly what the AGSI said on Newstalk. No issue of recording duties in public.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Schindlers Pissed

It is totally wrong IMO to name publicly a member of AGS on social media or whatever.

It is totally wrong IMO to name publicly a member of AGS on social media or whatever.

Again we'll be named in court cases and no issue there. This motion was most likely put forward for debate due to the issues around water meter protests (not the national ones, local heated ones) and issues around the west of ireland with a protest group. It has it's merits but probably not worded/reported correctly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement