Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to get insured?

Options
  • 09-04-2017 11:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hello,
    I'm 18, 19 in a month
    1.4 KIA Rio 2007
    Irish provisional 5 lessons done
    License since last June

Cheapest quote I got so far was 4700 with axa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

This figure actually doesn't surprise me (and that's quite sad really), only advise we can give you is to get your full license asap. Ring around to get quotes from every insurance provider out there, don't forget your bank, some offer good discount for being an existing customer with them. Anyway, as soon as you pass your full license, ring your insurance, you should get some discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ShaneB12

Would there be better quotes if I rang? There online quotes

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Go through each company here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057619504

They're online quotes but should still give you a ballpark.

Short time for having your licence may increase the quotes by a lot, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Nuw

ShaneB12 wrote: »
    Would there be better quotes if I rang? There online quotes
    In my experience, yes. Over the phone, you usually get cheaper quotes, you may also ask directly what you can do to lower it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,002 ✭✭✭malinheader

Nuw wrote: »
    In my experience, yes. Over the phone, you usually get cheaper quotes, you may also ask directly what you can do to lower it.

I rang AvivA yesterday and at the start of the call it stated you could save up to 5 or 10% by applying on line. After querying this with the agent he confirmed this and told me i would get a better quote than over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

In my experience online is cheaper as I often have got 10% off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

biko wrote: »
    In my experience online is cheaper as I often have got 10% off

It would depend on criteria. Its grand if you are over 25, full NCD etc but for novice drivers then over the phone would generally be better.

Using a broker like Chill or Quote Devil would also mean over the phone could save a few quid as they would have broker fees built into their web system that can be haggled over the phone.

Advertisement