Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have Tesco in Carlow stopped selling tools?

Options
  • 09-04-2017 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

A few days ago I was looking for a screwdriver and a spirit level in Tesco. The tool section is usually at the back near the printer ink. However I couldn't find it anywhere.

I thought they must have moved the tool section so I asked a girl packing shelfs where I would find the tools. She looked at me like I had just asked her where I'd find a kalashnikov rifle so I said "the screwdrivers and things". She replied "we wouldn't sell screwdrivers here".

Was she just saying that to pawn me off because she had no idea? Or have they really stopped selling tools? I ended up getting a plastic spirit level in Dealz but I still could do with a decent quality tiny flathead screwdriver which I couldn't even get in Dempseys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,500 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Haven't seen any tools etc since the refitting of that area of store my guess is they have stopped it.

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

There might be a Spirit level on your phone . Its goes with the compass on mine and scroll over . It works in all dimensions and there is a neat trick if you tap it it can copy a slope and transfer it to another surface .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I managed to get a cheap, plastic spirit level in Dealz. I still need the screwdriver. I need one small enough to fit in this (it's a headshell, cartridge and stylus from a record player).

414215.jpg

I ended up getting desperate and got a cheap screwdriver set in Dealz too but it's the kind of cheap tat that keeps slipping out of the screw slots so I could do with a decent quality screwdriver. They didn't have any in Dempseys either and I can't think where else in the town sells tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,885 ✭✭✭patrickc

scotts for tools on the O'brien road or woodies, doyles etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

If your not in a hurry aldi do a good diy screw driver set every couple of months for 10 euro. And are good for small jobs around the house. If you need a screw driver in the mean time. I will loan you one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Bog Man 1

Try the Army surplus store out by Super Macs on the Dublin Road .

Advertisement