Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Night out

Options
  • 09-04-2017 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

So went to coppers for the firstt time which was alright.I just don't understand men in nigtclubs.Why is shifting such a big thing in night clubs

I would love to just meet a guy in a night club and find somewhere to have a chat and then see where that goes.Thats all I ask!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

So went to coppers for the firstt time which was alright.I just don't understand men in nigtclubs.Why is shifting such a big thing in night clubs

I would love to just meet a guy in a night club and find somewhere to have a chat and then see where that goes.Thats all I ask!!

Maybe meet a guy in your local library? Or farmers market and to a lesser extent Pumpkin Patch.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

If you're looking for a chat then you're in the wrong place in a nightclub. Never has a nightclub been designed as a place to meet people for a chat.

Try a pub?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

You could try the mart, Monday is sheep sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ClassyCarly04

Well we went to flannerys first and that was okay but it was crowded with people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

I think you're to classy for those establishments carly!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

What do you expect with flannerys and coppers? Don't go to packed out bars and nightclubs if you're looking for civilised chats

• Registered Users Posts: 10,206 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Because people go to Coppers for intellectual conversations.... g'way and ****e

Any chance of the shift?

Peregrine wrote: »
    If you're looking for a chat then you're in the wrong place in a nightclub. Never has a nightclub been designed as a place to meet people for a chat.

Try a pub?

Well my friend met a guy in a nightclub and they where together 2 years

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Because people go to Coppers for intellectual conversations.... g'way and ****e

Any chance of the shift?

Rude.It was only my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Is shift a bogger term?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Well we went to flannerys first and that was okay but it was crowded with people

Read all about it.

Popular places are busy on a Saturday night Shocker!

Get your Uncommon Common Sense Newsletter here! Only €40,000.95.

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is shift a bogger term?

Think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Well my friend met a guy in a nightclub and they where together 2 years
    Yes but did they scoot off to the corner to chat or did she get the shift that night? I know people who've ducked on the first night after meeting someone in a club and ended up in a relationship but as a general rule if you're going to be offended being asked for a kiss, a nightclub doesn't sound like your target market

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Why is shifting such a big thing in night clubs

Because throbbing biological urges. That's why.

It's not easy being a man sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Coppers is a pile of ****e and its prequel Flannerys too. Not the places to go to if you want to enjoy a drink and a chat with someone. Music way to loud and langered folk bouncing off you.

Jesus I'm getting old.

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Coppers is a pile of ****e and its prequel Flannerys too. Not the places to go to if you want to enjoy a drink and a chat with someone. Music way to loud and langered folk bouncing off you.

Jesus I'm getting old.

Yeah music is so loud there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

The Horseshoe bar is probably more up your street Carly. Classy and Quiet and sure aren't the men in there only lovely gentleman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Is shift a bogger term?

Out of interest, what do you classy folks from the big shmoke call it?

Read all about it.

Popular places are busy on a Saturday night Shocker!

Get your Uncommon Common Sense Newsletter here! Only €40,000.95.

Okay but you don't have to be mean about it.It was my first time to flannerys

Samaris wrote: »

Le shift. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Samaris wrote: »

Facefcuking

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Drakares

I think somewhere where music booming like coppers is probably not the best place to talk, it's a cattle market there anyway! Plenty of other better places to go to find someone. Coppers is the place for the shift, not for good conversation methinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,394 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

OP maybe try a change of tack, try a different type of drinking establishment. Try a traditional music pub, the music more likely to be unplugged, somewhere like Hughes or The Cobblestone, there might be a bit more of a conversation flow there.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

Instead of Coppers after Flannerys, probably should have head across the street to Whelans if ye were looking for a bit more of a place to chat with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭misstearheus

<granny-language>Were ye doing a line O.P?!</granny-language>

I want to go to Coppers. :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭mohawk

You went to Coppers. Whatever chance you had of having a chat in a normal nightclub it ain't gonna happen there. Guys there seem to think it's ok to get grabby and that your a stuck up B**ch if you tell them to take their hands off. (Obviously not all guys but Coppers has a higher percentage of assholes then other nightclubs)
    No matter how drunk I am if someone suggests Coppers I am going home. I go to nightclubs for dancing not to be groped.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Somewhere like The Globe might be more up your street. Music but very easy to get chatting to people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,105 ✭✭✭Kivaro

Candie wrote: »
    Le shift. :)

That's what they call it in North Dublin.
    In South Dublin, it's La Shifte.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Imagine wasting a loada time talking to someone and then finding out they're a shyte shift. That'd be disappointing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,034 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

... and that is why I never go to nightclubs... can't understand girls who do... (Well, I can - but nto the ones who go, get shwifty, and then complain that the guy never calls back...)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement