Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How can I expede matters?

Options
  • 08-04-2017 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭

Sent my laptop off to be repaired. It's been over a month, they keep fobbing me off.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

cloudatlas wrote: »
    Sent my laptop off to be repaired. It's been over a month, they keep fobbing me off.

Say you're a member of ISIS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Islander13 wrote: »

Or he could give us more details!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

"Expedite" first.

Then go back to shop.

Then small claims court.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭cloudatlas

Sorry thought this was consumer issues not after hours

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭Damien360

To be honest, you gave so little information in your OP, I thought it was an after hours post.

They said they didn't have the screen.Then they said they had the screen but it was a nicer more expensive and that I could have it at no extra cost. Then they said they had the wrong screen and had to order a new one. I've paid up and a month has gone by I've complained but nobody is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

They said they didn't have the screen.Then they said they had the screen but it was a nicer more expensive and that I could have it at no extra cost. Then they said they had the wrong screen and had to order a new one. I've paid up and a month has gone by I've complained but nobody is interested.

Hang on, you've paid what exactly?? let me get this straight, you paid them to repair the laptop before they have actually repaired it ??? What sort of laptop repair shop is it FFS??? No reputable repair shop that I know of would take payment before they have actually repaired the laptop.
    Personally, I would be going to the shop and wouldn't leave until I got a refund and my laptop back immediately. That is a ****ing joke that a shop charges you before it actually repairs the item. ****ing cowboys !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,247 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Start by inventing a word. 'Expede' should do the trick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭5rtytry56

Where is the repair shop located? Warning: DON'T NAME the establishment! Consumer MODS will pounce.

It's online.

They are legit and well known.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

They are legit and well known.

They are hardly legit if they are messing you around?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

That's enough of the smart replies, thank you

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

If they have a facebook page or twitter post a message on it asking for an date that ypu will receive your repair.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Yet another needlessly mysterious thread...

rubadub wrote: »
    Yet another needlessly mysterious thread...

What was mysterious about it. I gave the details, the computer company is for custom made computers so I could only send it to them. I came on here looking to see if there was consumer advice i.e. any policy related to consumer law etc., that I could cite or helpful hints on how to more effectively make a complaint, many people on here struggled with that and were needlessly and doggedly rude, in the meantime I got my laptop back problem solved absolutely fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

cloudatlas wrote:
    What was mysterious about it. I gave the details, the computer company is for custom made computers so I could only send it to them. I came on here looking to see if there was consumer advice i.e. any policy related to consumer law etc., that I could cite or helpful hints on how to more effectively make a complaint, many people on here struggled with that and were needlessly and doggedly rude, in the meantime I got my laptop back problem solved absolutely fantastic.

Happy you got sorted, also a shame to see so many posters jump on small spelling issues etc. Everyone knew perfectly well what the op meant by his post.

If people needed more information from op in order to offer a better opinion then fair enough. But I see no need for the rudeness.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

What was mysterious about it. I gave the details
    Details had to be dragged out of you, people even thought it was a joke. You come looking for people to give up their time but spend no time yourself in the OP. If you put the effort into your first post as did in the one I just quoted you would have got a far better response.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    Details had to be dragged out of you, people even thought it was a joke. You come looking for people to give up their time but spend no time yourself in the OP. If you put the effort into your first post as did in the one I just quoted you would have got a far better response.

Majority of posts were not asking for clarification about what they needed in order to give advice or at least not in a helpful way, just smart and superior posts. By the way even when everything was clarified there was crickets, so no better response even then. At any rate no point in arguing now, it doesn't take much to frustrate people on this forum, really touchy, I fully regret posting.

cloudatlas wrote:
    Majority of posts were not asking for clarification about what they needed in order to give advice or at least not in a helpful way, just smart and superior posts. By the way even when everything was clarified there was crickets, so no better response even then. At any rate no point in arguing now, it doesn't take much to frustrate people on this forum, really touchy, I fully regret posting.

I wouldn't regret posting if I were you, if your issue had not gotten sorted people like myself would have seen the post who were away the weekend and offered helpful responses, unfortunately with any forum there is a lot of nonsense to wait through, but I've found there are many many people on boards who will help as much as they can, so please don't be put off my a few messers.

cloudatlas wrote:

Also you can see a mod came in and warned the insult posts to stop, and probably would have done so sooner if it hadn't been such a busy weekend, considering they are voluntary and all.

Advertisement