Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Focus 1.6 TDCI

Options
  • 08-04-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice, because this car has me stumped :(. I got it a year ago, and since i got it it 'pulses' when accelerating. Its usually only noticeable on the motorway, when your giving it the boot up a hill/on a slip road. Only happens between 2 and 2.5k revs. It'll accelerate, then level off, accelerate again, level off until it hits around 2600 revs and its perfect after that.

I thought it was the diesel filter but then i thought it wouldn't operate normally at higher revs. Its a 90 hp 1.6 TDCI, 2010, non DPF. No error codes.

Really confused as to what it could be, car does throw out a puff of black smoke now and then but nothing major.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Sounds like DMF.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

I doubt DMF.

I'd say either EGR or the turbo actuator valve

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Adofocus

EGR is electric on them aren't they? And i suppose its buried in behind the block somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,341 ✭✭✭mullingar

Yes, under the fuel filter towards the back of the engine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Easy enought to remove EGR, there are posts in this forum on that specific item. I did it myself a month ago, quick and easy job in the end.

You need to remove the top cover, bracket for cover and unbolt the fuel filter and lift out of the way (do not disconnect fuel hoses!) . Then you have access to the two bolts holding it in. Unclip the joining clip to the EGR intercooler and it should pop off, watch out for the gasket (mine is metal) and clean it in EGR cleaner offline.

• Advertisement
Advertisement