Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

33 Dublin Bus to Balbriggan

Options
  • 08-04-2017 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi all, I was thinking about getting the 33 Dublin Bus. If I got it out to Balbriggan, what can I do there? (I'm not familiar with the area)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭mickmmc

You could stop off at Skerries on your way. Skerries Mills is worth a visit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Banjoxed

Hi all, I was thinking about getting the 33 Dublin Bus. If I got it out to Balbriggan, what can I do there? (I'm not familiar with the area)

Get the train back to Dublin ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

Thanks for the feedback. Will think about that. Is there anything out towards the terminus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Csalem

If you do the trip after the BE strike is over you can get the 104 town service. It goes by the terminus every hour and goes to train station. The terminus is also served by the 101 heading for Dublin. But both of those are BE services.

The terminus is at the end of the main street in the town. A 10 minute walk brings you to Millfield Shopping Centre. There are coffee shops on the main street too if you head for train station, and the station is beside the beach.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Between Skerries and Balbriggan you can divert to explore Ardgillan Castle and grounds for an hour or so - nice tea rooms and tours are available (stop No 7175)

The Catholic Church in Balbriggan is worth a look because of the Harry Clarke stained glass windows (stop close by).

Balbriggan Library in the Square can offer access to computers and comfortable reading space.

And on your way home you can pick up some shopping in Lidl - bus stop 7173 for the city is across the road.

If you catch a 33A (destination Swords) you can hop off at Rush Railway Station for a quicker trip back to Dublin city.

Enjoy the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Banjoxed wrote: »
    Get the train back to Dublin ;)

Not this weekend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭DUBLINBUSGUY

Thanks for that cbreeze.

Advertisement