Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a way to report inappropriate ads on YouTube?

Options
  • 08-04-2017 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

The ones that play before the video comes on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

I'm a teacher and I'm very conscious of showing children videos on Youtube because of this. If you're using Chrome, I'd recommend the 'AdBlock for Youtube' extension.

If it's in relation to children viewing inappropriate content, use the Youtube Kids app. No advertisements and children can't view inappropriate content or videos. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Better a late response than never!

Agreed with the above poster - if it's for kids, you'll do no better than the YouTube Kids app.

If you want to hide certain types of ads that you don't want to see (e.g. horror movies) look at the Ads Personalization wizard. (Account Settings > Overview > View or change your account settings > Ads settings)Here you can add or remove categories you're shown. Mine for example right now has Travel, Food & Drink and Rock Music. More importantly, there's a way of blacklisting topics (e.g. horror movies).

In general if you want to avoid potentially dodgy ads, use Restricted mode. You'll find that toggle at the bottom of YouTube. It's not foolproof, but it willl block a lot of content that's been flagged by other users.

If you just want to be able to report ads, there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do that. Usually you can report a video using the button below the video, but that's not possible with the preroll ads. You can complain about ads here, but it doesn't seem to be very useful.

Advertisement