Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Collateral

Options
  • 07-04-2017 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭

BBC Two have today announced Collateral, a new high-octane thriller from acclaimed playwright David Hare, starring Academy-Award nominee Carey Mulligan (An Education, The Great Gatsby, Suffragette).

It seems the casting director may also be a Whovian, as the ensemble cast also includes John Simm (Doctor Who, Life On Mars) and Billie Piper (Doctor Who, Penny Dreadful), along with Nicola Walker (Spooks, Last Tango In Halifax). Acclaimed director SJ Clarkson (Dexter, Jessica Jones, Love Nina, Toast) will be behind the camera.

Set over the course of four days, the four-part drama explores the spiraling repercussions surrounding the fatal shooting of a pizza delivery man. Refusing to accept this is a random act of senseless violence, tough and single-minded Detective Inspector Kip Glaspie (Mulligan) is determined to discover if there is a darker truth.

Politician David Mars (Simm) becomes instantly embroiled in the drama through his turbulent relationship with his troubled and unpredictable ex Karen (Piper). While Jane Oliver (Walker), a compassionate vicar, struggles to conceal her affair with the only witness to the crime. Hare’s electrifying writing acts as a moving spotlight, asking crucial questions about the state of modern Britain.

http://www.geektown.co.uk/2017/04/07/billie-piper-john-simm-nicola-walker-join-carey-mulligan-bbc-twos-collateral/

BBC continuing their great shows

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,144 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The 4 part drama starts on Monday, February 12th on BBC2 at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Enjoyed the first episode and a really strong cast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

This was really good, lot of interesting characters & plot

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yep, enjoyed this!

This is top class drama and a really intriguing story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Decent enough so far. Yer man from the intelligence agency was a walking stereotype.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Decent to this point; I had been concerned it would descend into dull immigration themed slosh but thankfully they've introduced some new strands to it.

Building up decently for the final episode.
    BoroMan32 wrote: »
    Decent to this point; I had been concerned it would descend into dull immigration themed slosh but thankfully they've introduced some new strands to it.
    Must admit I had this post in my mind, when the politician was giving his speech.

funny the way they took the whodunnit aspect out of it immediately at the start of the 3rd episode as before you weren't fully sure if it was the drugs angle with the other pizza guy or the people smugglers.

I guess that it's only 4 parts and it had to be done but it was still very blunt.

so it's over. first 2 episodes good. last 2 not so good.
    it was ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

Agree with the above.

That final episode was simply a rushed and predictable mess.

Yeah would second that. Probably would have benefited from keeping the mystery going for an episode or two. Might have been better off as even a six parter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭Icsics

They all seem to be hoping for another series so the story suffers. That was definitely the case with this

Yeah could imagine that. Particularly if the 'travel agent' set up elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,802 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Very mediocre I thought

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

When will this be on Netflix, or is only going to be US Netflix? American reviews floating around at the moment.

Finally got round to watching the last episode.

I enjoyed the first two episodes but the final two episodes didn't build on them and it just faded out even though the storylines do get closed.

When will this be on Netflix, or is only going to be US Netflix? American reviews floating around at the moment.

it's pretty crap overall. skip it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Under His Eye

It was reasonable but the ending was entirely predicable.

Advertisement