Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

76 year old woman shot twice in Dublin

Options
  • 07-04-2017 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

A garda investigation has been launched after an elderly woman was shot in South Dublin overnight.
    The incident took place at her home on Oliver Plunkett Avenue, Monkstown at approximately 11pm.
    A number of men arrived at the home and forced their way.

The victim was shot twice in the legs.

(sorry can't post links as new user, saw the story in Irish Independent)

"Detectives do not believe she was the intended target."

Pretty fcuking hard to mistake a 76 year old woman for someone else. God help the poor woman, a fright like this could end up finishing her. I'm surprised there isn't a thread on this already, and barely a mention in the media. Normally something like this would be world news.

There are times when you have moment of clarity about the society you live in.

Today, Friday the 7th of April is a day when every citizen in this country sits down and has a good think about why they don't care about this.
    So this is where we are.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Normally something like this would be world news

No it wouldn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Jaysus that's horrible, the poor woman, the age factor also makes it an incredibly cruel and sickening action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Sounds more like they were giving a warning to a family member of hers, she was probably protecting a son from drug dealers. Not that it makes it any less disgusting what they did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

"Detectives do not believe she was the intended target."

Pretty fcuking hard to mistake a 76 year old woman for someone else.

Unless the intended target was another 76 year old woman.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,344 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I saw a report on this on the RTE 6.1 News. Horrendous news.

I live quite a bit away from the area. I'm really shocked about it tbh.

Who would do that to a 77 year old woman? Whoever shot her is a ****ing scumbag & deserves to rot in hell.

Hope she pulls through OK on it & makes a good recovery.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Being a 76 year old woman doesn't preclude you from being a drug dealer, murderer, child abuser or what have you. I'm not saying this woman was any of those but the notion that old women are necessarily more innocent than middle aged men shouldn't hold water.

Being a 76 year old woman doesn't preclude you from being a drug dealer, murderer, child abuser or what have you. I'm not saying this woman was any of those but the notion that old women are necessarily more innocent than middle aged men shouldn't hold water.

Well, statistically the likelihood is fairly minimal that she's a gansta granny but perhaps she is.

Still pretty repellent to be shooting pensioners, regardless of gender or possible criminality.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Like Ma Barker?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_Barker

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Candie wrote: »
    Well, statistically the likelihood is fairly minimal that she's a gansta granny but perhaps she is.

Still pretty repellent to be shooting pensioners, regardless of gender or possible criminality.

Pensioners or people?

Pensioners or people?

Shooting the under-65s is perfectly acceptable, of course. Nothing shocking about a 30 year old getting shot, so it must be okay.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Biggest lickspittle on boardz

That is obvious, but there is no suggestion that the woman has been involved in crime, so here innocence is assumed here.
    No it wouldn't

In a first world country, with relatively little gun crime and strict licencing laws? Yes, I would say this would be world news, or at least one of the bigger European stories. Anyway, the public have shown they couldn't care less so it appears you are right. Until it happens closer to home of course....

Advertisement