Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cex problems

Options
  • 07-04-2017 8:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all I recently ordered persona 5 from cex online and when it arrived there was no disk only the package is there anything I can to to get either my money back or the disk sent to me? All help is appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Have you contacted CEX?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamesmarto09

Yes but so far they have not answered back I think the game was delivered from the tallaght store

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Have you checked behind that manual inside the case? Sometime they put the disks in a plastic sleeve and tuck it into/behind the manual on the left side of the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

You should be able to contact them and they will sort you out fast. I ordered a game at Christmas and another one arrived, contacted them online and they sorted out within next postal window.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Jamesmarto09

The box is completely empty and I've tried contacting them by phone but it won't go through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

The box is completely empty and I've tried contacting them by phone but it won't go through
    I remember reaching out to them before and it's never goes through. They obviously intentionally make it a pain to get talking to them. Given that they deal in secondhand consumer electronics I can imagine that don't want to deal with the heat they get off people.

Drop them an email and if they don't answer keep doing it. If you're somewhere where you can call into one of their bricks and mortar shops you should take the empty case with you, and all relevant paperwork (i.e. order confirmation, delivery docket, etc.) and tell them what happened. If the shop themselves don't sort you they should have a direct line into the CeX head office who should take care of it from there.

I'm not saying they will, but if the people in the shop do try to fob you off to email/call their support/HQ then let them know the difficulties you've been having doing so and request they make such a call for you while you're there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Why would you pay €65 for a second hand game you can get for brand new for €60 or less? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

How did you pay? If they are not being responsive tell them if they do not resolve this you will report them to your bank for fraud and request that they reverse the charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

nix wrote: »
    Why would you pay €65 for a second hand game you can get for brand new for €60 or less? :confused:

He may have been using up vouchers

The phoneline just gives you the email address and then cuts you off, get emailing or into the store asap!

wecare@webuy.com

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,868 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd maybe also contact them through social media. A public tweet can usually get theyre attention better than a email.

• Advertisement
Advertisement