Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Don Rickles R.I.P

Options
  • 06-04-2017 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭

Some of you may not have heard of him but he was very popular in Hollywood since the 50s. Frequent guest on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and the Late Show with Letterman.
    Known as the world's greatest insult comic, Rickles enjoyed a career that spanned decades and found him performing in everything from nightclubs to a Martin Scorsese film.
    Rickles reveled in being the opposite of politically correct.

Very funny guy. R.I.P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Wasn't very well known this side of the pond but I got to know him through Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Yadda Yadda Yadda.

Here's the episode for those interested:

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/don-rickles-youll-never-play-the-copa

Very sharp and funny guy. May he rest in peace.

RIP Mr Potato Head

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

Loved him in Kelly's Heroes as Crapgame (1970)

and also as a Mobster Lawyer who turns into a Vampire in Innocent Blood (1992)

Very Funny Man.

R.I.P

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

Don Rickles is so lazy, even his dead body wouldn't bother pushing up daisies.

(Think he would have liked that roast):(

check out YouTube for his 1970s roasts of Ronald Reagan Bob Hope and Dean Martin to name but a few.

RIP Don.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,959 ✭✭✭Mena Mitty

py2006 wrote: »
    Some of you may not have heard of him but he was very popular in Hollywood since the 50s. Frequent guest on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson and the Late Show with Letterman.

Very funny guy. R.I.P

Boy he was good R.I.P. thanks for sharing those clips.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

When he performed/roasted Ronald Reagans at his inauguration is unbelievable, no on else could get away with it.
    His jokes at blacks, Jews, Italians, Irish etc expense while talking directly to them is hilarious, you could only laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

Love watching Don Rickles, he lived a good life.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

First seen him on Letterman and really enjoyed his style of humour, which if course has been copied many times over now but he was one of, if not the first, comedians to roast people as part of their act.

Asshole ruined comedy. Only joking. RIP, Don.

Advertisement