Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mum on the run - uk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

JJJJNR wrote: »
    What are peoples thoughts on this incident, there is a gagging order in the uk on the journalist that broke the story. This woman was protecting her children.

https://www.facebook.com/TheWomensCoalition/posts/1896844423923208:0
    Omg. Worse thing I have read in a long long time. Horrific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Beyondgone

It's endemic.

Look, X-Factor! Vote now! Nothing to see here.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭Allah snackbar

It's very hard to read that , were the comments written by senior infants or have some adults never grasped basic English and the art of putting together simple sentences.

It's very hard to read that , were the comments written by senior infants or have some adults never grasped basic English and the art of putting together simple sentences.

Indeed. Feck the story, look at the bad grammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

I could be accused of being callous insofar as I don't give a bollix about newsworthy events that don't affect me, but that username of yours is brilliant. Are you a Danish satirical cartoonist by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

I wasn't sure until I saw they said lab tests and evidence were very conclusive? That's pretty crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Beyondgone wrote: »
    Indeed. Feck the story, look at the bad grammer.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,122 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I was reading about this last night. There is a report by women's aid detailing that 70-90% of cases brought before the family courts involve domestic violence. Many of these men have convictions and restraining orders against them (which the FC can overlook and actually allows the perpetrators to cross examine their victims) Yet only around 1% of custody requests are denied. That is scary. WA found that 19 murders of children can be directly blamed on judges in the family court granting access to violent fathers. That's scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

ceadaoin. wrote: »
    I was reading about this last night. There is a report by women's aid detailing that 70-90% of cases brought before the family courts involve domestic violence. Many of these men have convictions and restraining orders against them (which the FC can overlook and actually allows the perpetrators to cross examine their victims) Yet only around 1% of custody requests are denied. That is scary. WA found that 19 murders of children can be directly blamed on judges in the family court granting access to violent fathers. That's scary.
    Frightening .

Frightening .

It really is. I know there are people claiming that the family courts are weighted in the mothers favour but it really doesn't seem that way. Most custody agreements are reached amicably between the parents with no need for court, I think it's 90% or something like that. The ones that don't are often because there is violence involved and what better way for an abuser to exert control than by taking the other parent to court, where they often can't even afford a lawyer to represent them

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/22/revealed-how-family-courts-allow-abusers-to-torment-their-victims

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    :pac:

Only you and Roger bought that one. ;)

bluewolf wrote: »
    I wasn't sure until I saw they said lab tests and evidence were very conclusive? That's pretty crazy

Read on a Facebook page? Huge pinch of salt. Have seen parents use Facebook to make all sorts of claims in access and custody cases.

It may be true, and we have seen horrific cases go unnoticed by social workers. But this suggests the evidence was reviewed by a Judge. Was any appeal brought. Is the suggestion that the Judges were in on it? It seems like she is in breach of a Court Order, she has to comply with it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Read on a Facebook page? Huge pinch of salt. Have seen parents use Facebook to make all sorts of claims in access and custody cases.
    Ah yeah, of course the "if true" part - crazy if true
    I understand her being arrested if she actually is in breach of a court order but the whole thing sounds mad. If true ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Such a sad evil and disgusting story. It's just so unbelievable that anybody could hurt small children let alone the very person that should love and protect them. I really hope this woman manages to keep her children safe and away from harm. It's a disgrace that she had to go to such lengths to keep her boys from being abused. I know there may be confusion about her story being true but for the children's sake I'd give her the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Read as far as District Attorney they don't exist in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

this story is not adding up

Mother and abused kids running away from the law which in 99% of the time protects them

Something odd going on here

It may be true, and we have seen horrific cases go unnoticed by social workers. But this suggests the evidence was reviewed by a Judge. Was any appeal brought. Is the suggestion that the Judges were in on it? It seems like she is in breach of a Court Order, she has to comply with it.

I thought that the drug test docs were posted on Twitter by the journalist but got taken down, not 100% on that though and even then it doesn't mean that it was the father I suppose.

Does the fact that the children were placed into care rather than with the father indicate that there is some truth to the claims?
    this story is not adding up

Mother and abused kids running away from the law which in 99% of the time protects them

Something odd going on here

I think you are naive. I was a child who was court ordered in the UK to spend weekends with a man who I had witnessed beating my mother and who had been violent towards me. Not even my father, but my mams first husband who had adopted me. My mother came back to Ireland with us, luckily it was easier back then to not be found.

That was 30 years ago but the law still clearly doesn't protect women and children given that access is granted to abusive ex partners the majority of the time they appear before the courts. This case might not be true but there is every possibility that it is.

Advertisement