Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Dealer won't take down ad

Options
  • 06-04-2017 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I bought 2 weeks ago 1.3 colt from a dealer it was private sale. and i saw the ad still online 3 days later. called them and ask to remove it. they said ok.
    someone messaged me on facebook that they saw my car still up. i kept sending them messages they keep ignoring it. i am trying to sell this car now as it had oxygen sensor problem which i fixed up. i was going to use it for my self but insurance its 5,000 and decided to sell it.
    i went again to adverts and when i looked the ad is still up. and i cant sell my car:mad::mad::mad: it takes 2 mins to widraw the ad.. im annoyed i dont know what to do. i wrote to adverts.ie and they sorted me with a reporting website which i applied. but nothing happed. anyone know what to do?
    i want the ad to be down.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,160 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Get all your mates and family to ring the garage enquiring about the car. If they get enough annoying calls then they will take it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just sell it on donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Link? :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Garage will love it if they get loads of enquiries for ads, they've paid for the ad for X number of days so see it as advertising, folk phoning up will be told "just gone but we have another very similar car you may be interested in....etc".

I had this when I was selling the wife's car last year, there were unusually priced versions of the car by dealers, I phone up to check the car out and was told time after time again the car was just sold, I became familiar with the pattern and often saw the same photos from previous ads used again by the same dealer with new ads and again car was "just sold" upon enquiry etc.

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭georgefalls

slave1 wrote: »
    Garage will love it if they get loads of enquiries for ads, they've paid for the ad for X number of days so see it as advertising, folk phoning up will be told "just gone but we have another very similar car you may be interested in....etc".

I had this when I was selling the wife's car last year, there were unusually priced versions of the car by dealers, I phone up to check the car out and was told time after time again the car was just sold, I became familiar with the pattern and often saw the same photos from previous ads used again by the same dealer with new ads and again car was "just sold" upon enquiry etc.

Its called 'cross selling'. Well known trick in the retailing world. It's the same as when you go to buy a laptop etc, as you've seen it advertised. Only to be told they've ran out, but come and see this other one, it's WAY better... :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 sergiut11

its annoying though

• Registered Users Posts: 73,407 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it the one in limerick?

waterford motor village.

called them friday. they said they tought they took it down. and said that he will take it down now. and guess what.. nobody took it down since

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

slave1 wrote: »

Not if he gets friends and family to call over the next few days as when they say that car is sold but we have other stock get the friends/family to say 'No thanks, only interested in that car" and hang Up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement