Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

51st and Green

Options
  • 06-04-2017 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭

Anybody know if you can access the new post pre clearance lounge in Dublin without a business class ticket - ie I've One World Emerald and am flying American economy to JFK, will I be able to get in or should I spend my time in the DAA lounge after security?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Casati wrote: »
    Anybody know if you can access the new post pre clearance lounge in Dublin without a business class ticket - ie I've One World Emerald and am flying American economy to JFK, will I be able to get in or should I spend my time in the DAA lounge after security?
    I think you can buy access but I would not be 100% sure on that option. I do know that apart from the new 51st & Green there are no lounge's post CBP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

I think it might be business class only or else you can pay for access. Prebooking it costs 35 or 39 if you pay at the door. Nice enough lounge and probably worth it if you have a long wait or want to have a few drinks.

although if you already have free access to the DAA lounge then not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,149 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

OWE on a OW carrier, should be fine. Check with check in staff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Casati

I flew over the weekend and got access with my BA card, nice lounge!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Anyone know if Star Alliance Gold is eligible for access on a non-business class ticket with United?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

ironclaw wrote: »
    Anyone know if Star Alliance Gold is eligible for access on a non-business class ticket with United?

Probably will be but you can also pay to access.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Probably will be but you can also pay to access.

Thanks! I'll report back as I am flying next week.

Apparently Air Canada have removed their support for the DAA Lounge, which seems to have the most restrictive entrance criteria I've ever seen for such a poor facility. Why don't they open the gates to the higher tiered frequent flyer programs as a value add?

*A Gold should be good to get you in to DAA or 51st state assuming you are travelling on a *A carrier (standard entry rules)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

I flew over the weekend and got access with my BA card, nice lounge!
    Any pics? I saw the DAA promo video but would love to see actual photos from lounge users rather than corporate ones.

*A Gold should be good to get you in to DAA or 51st state assuming you are travelling on a *A carrier (standard entry rules)

Hmm. Interesting. I was refused entry to the T1 DAA lounge on an AC ticket. Mind you, I was taking the first leg to LHR with BA but it was all on AC. Made up for it in LHR by bouncing between the Lufthansa Senator, AC and Singapore Lounges :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

Thanks! I'll report back as I am flying next week.

Apparently Air Canada have removed their support for the DAA Lounge, which seems to have the most restrictive entrance criteria I've ever seen for such a poor facility. Why don't they open the gates to the higher tiered frequent flyer programs as a value add?

Probably because it's AC rouge in Dublin and not proper air Canada.

Not sure why you're blaming the DAA. Paying for lounges is airline responsibility.
    The 19.95 entry fee seems like a good option to have that is not available in most airports at that price, if at all.

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Probably because it's AC rouge in Dublin and not proper air Canada.

Not sure why you're blaming the DAA. Paying for lounges is airline responsibility.
    The 19.95 entry fee seems like a good option to have that is not available in most airports at that price, if at all.

No, the ticket was fully Air Canada, the leg to LHR was done by BA. I also got into DAA on a Rouge ticket pre-Xmas but I believe that's now been rescinded.

I'm not blaming DAA, I just think its strategically shortsighted the way they operate given Dublin on the whole has probably the worst selection of lounges for a major international / national airport. They are constantly asking execs and business travelers to bring business to Ireland, but what use is that if they can't even have a free coffee and somewhere to work on the occasion they are not flying with an airline that gives access to DAA lounges? I racked up about 150k miles last year, but I only have lounge access if I'm travelling to Frankfurt (LH), the US (United) or Business with Aer Lingus. I could swap and become OneWorld, but it means starting from the bottom again when Star Alliance is very well represented in other airports so its pointless even though every journey, and hence a small percentage of my ticket price, starts with Dublin Airport.

Don't blame the DAA. The airline contracts the lounge, they can build their own if they want. The fact only 2 airlines in Dublin operate their own lounges points to the business not justifying it.

The DAA has spent a fair amount on the T1 lounge and the new 51st state are pretty decent. Unfair to compare with say the BA T5 galleries or LH in FRA, home base always gets the top class setup.

If you think DUB is bad try the Air Berlin lounge in DUS, just plain embarrassing.

Can confirm you can only access 51st & Green if you are travelling on a business class fare or pay for it. They don't accept an economy ticket (Say United) and Star Alliance Gold or Silver. This is from the receptionist in the lounge when I inquired last week.

Likewise, be warned, Aer Lingus are issuing complimentary lounge passes with some Flex economy fares to the US. 51st & Green don't accept them, even though the pass is universal for Dublin according to the terms written on it e.g. It doesn't say only valid with Aer Lingus lounge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,024 ✭✭✭Casati

Can confirm you can only access 51st & Green if you are travelling on a business class fare or pay for it. They don't accept an economy ticket (Say United) and Star Alliance Gold or Silver. This is from the receptionist in the lounge when I inquired last week.

Likewise, be warned, Aer Lingus are issuing complimentary lounge passes with some Flex economy fares to the US. 51st & Green don't accept them, even though the pass is universal for Dublin according to the terms written on it e.g. It doesn't say only valid with Aer Lingus lounge.

I flew on a discounted American economy ticket and got free lounge access with my BA Silver ( OW Sapphire) two weeks ago

Aer Lingus economy, no problem for me + guest on EI Platinum

I flew on a discounted American economy ticket and got free lounge access with my BA Silver ( OW Sapphire) two weeks ago

Hmm. Interesting. I showed my LH Senator Card (*G) and asked about a few options e.g. Business Class, Economy etc. I wonder is it on an airline by airline basis.

I'll try next time I'm in the cheap seats with United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Hmm. Interesting. I showed my LH Senator Card (*G) and asked about a few options e.g. Business Class, Economy etc. I wonder is it on an airline by airline basis.

I'll try next time I'm in the cheap seats with United.

I may be wrong but I think I remember reading if your flying United economy and *G you don't get any lounge out of Dublin. They don't have an agreement in place. But for example I've used the normal DAA lounge with my TK Gold when flying TK and ET as they do have an agreement.

I may be wrong but I think I remember reading if your flying United economy and *G you don't get any lounge out of Dublin. They don't have an agreement in place. But for example I've used the normal DAA lounge with my TK Gold when flying TK and ET as they do have an agreement.

Yes, seems to be an airline by airline agreement, at least that was my take from correspondence with DAA.

I wonder if you are in the higher tiers of Delta or United, as opposed to just part of the larger group (e.g. SA, OW) do you get access.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

I wonder if you are in the higher tiers of Delta or United, as opposed to just part of the larger group (e.g. SA, OW) do you get access.
    There is no lounge access in Dublin for Delta Medallion members. Business Class passengers only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31 metalmonk

Got in last week on an AA economy flight but with BA Silver / One World Emerald card.

Advertisement