Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spec on laptop?

Options
  • 06-04-2017 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Going to buy a new laptop for work. Small business, mostly Outlook, word, excel etc.

Speed of work and less crashes if possible.

Have circa €500 (there or thereabouts) but can stretch if warranted. If theres a cheaper option I don't mind spending less.

the current laptop is circa 5 years old and its prob ready to give out. Fan is constantly running (whether I am using it or not). It has had plenty of engineer cleanings , last one didn't improve speed much.

So I have been looking online but to be frank I am not sure what I should be looking for.

RAM Speed
    Processesor Type/speed
    RAM Size
    Brand (is that really important?)

I know I want 1+ terrabite space and need 3+ USB port + Windows 10.

I was looking at https://www.amazon.co.uk/HP-250-15-6-Inch-Notebook-Black/dp/B01G3LCF7A/ref=sr_1_13?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1491473776&sr=1-13&keywords=laptops

I am reluctant to buy in Harvey Normans or mainstream pc shops because I assume they sell stuff that isn't prob the best spec available.

Any tips or advice would be much welcomed.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The unit you linked is pretty much exactly what you want at the €500 point. Its possible you'd find a slightly higher spec for that but you arent far off.

Only caveat I'd see is its not 1080p, for me that'd be an issue but many wouldnt notice. Go into a shop and look at 2x 15" laptops, one at 768p and one at 1080p and see if you'd mind.

Advertisement