Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding the name of an old game need help.

Options
  • 05-04-2017 11:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, was deciding whether to stick it up here or in the retro area but I don't think it qualifies as a retro game.

If I remember right I'm pretty sure it was a ps1 game,

you played this character who had these bombs as weapons, their were a few different kinds, 1 was just explosive another was an electric type bomb ( i think)
    cant remember the others.
    I think he only had bombs and you would place the bombs on the ground as you got enemys chasing you and press a button when enemys were close to it to blow them up, it was a fast pace type game

was a look down view on the character
    enemys were men and machines
    few boss battles

1 thing I remember about the game is you got on this train thing but was an open platform type train, and you had waves on enemys coming at you as the train went along.

Really cant remember the name of it, I'm thinking it was a Japanese made game but everything was spoken in english in the game (not sure if subtitles or voices) also pretty sure their was a demo of the game on one of them old ps1 demo things you got out of a magazine where their were several other demos on it.

anyone have any ideas? Would really appreciate it.

EDIT: after me searching for the last few days and giving up then posting on this, I just came across the fecking name of it on kotaku top 50 underrated ps1 games... wow ha

Silent Bomber is the name of it incase anyones wondering,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭The Royal Scam

Bomberman?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

Bomberman?

no definitely not bomberman haha

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Silent Bomber

Was ****ing amazing and still is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

also a nickname given to a friend who used to let the worst farts out while talkin in the middle of a group and skulk away before anyone noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Oh yea, that advertising campaign, bless. :pac:

The game looks ace though, no sign of it on PSN but it seems to be pretty easy to get on eBay so may give it a shot on the PS3 at some stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

gizmo wrote: »
    Oh yea, that advertising campaign, bless. :pac:

The game looks ace though, no sign of it on PSN but it seems to be pretty easy to get on eBay so may give it a shot on the PS3 at some stage.

Makes me want it more haha

It is a brilliant game alot of fun and abit difficult some of the bosses.

Apparently it's only available on the psn in Asia. Lucky bastards. Do ps1 games played alright on the ps3? Like same quality as back then or worse?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,865 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They're pretty much perfect on ps3

Advertisement